Technology induced brain damage

Has your brain and attention span been fried by social media websites like Any Forums, YouTube and similar?

Have you ever spent hours on Any Forums without being able to remember ehat any of those threads were about?
How about switching tabs and immediately forgetting what you just saw?
How about mindlessly clicking on things without actually reading then?
How about getting dizzy because you scroll down with your finger and your eyes dart up to keep tracking the text that moved up but your phone didn't respond so your eyes jerked up anyway and it disorients you before you notice what happened?

Post your stories.

Attached: 1635560553132.jpg (1006x710, 77.64K)

just close the tab retard

I was actually pretty good before I had a few extended stints of only having a smartphone. Most recently I had only a smartphone for 6 or 7 months last year because of traveling for work and other mundane reasons and my attention span is fucked up from it again, it's not even the fun kind you might have experienced on early Any Forums or something were it's just durr mindless entertainment, it's actually boring as fuck to not be able to concentrate on or enjoy anything, everything seems shitty, I'll want to read something I know I'd find interesting or watch something I know I'll like but just can't mentally process it. It starts to go away the longer I spend with having a full PC setup instead of just a phone at least. Actually using just a phone is pretty awful desu, there's an anxiety that comes with being hunched over looking at a tiny screen, only being able to write a short comment in reply to something let alone do anything more involved or creative. Having a phone as a supplementary device to read or chat or watch a talk-heavy video when you've got a spare moment is fine, but expecting to get all your information and entertainment through one is bad

I do spend hours here, but I have none of those problems. In fact, I'd really like to forget threads faster. I have a bad habit of thinking about them long after they're gone. I'm also not a filthy phoneposter.

is called internet addiction you dumbass

Attached: fnhum-08-00375-g001.jpg (1439x1160, 264.91K)

yeah I used to have all those issues but honestly doing a few hours of focused reading or coding pretty much cures it.

You know you've entered a death spiral when you just cycle back and forth between Any Forums, youtube and discord and at least 3 other activities that demand your undivided attention like an open book, a video game or some movie.

I've seen unironic threads on Any Forums where zoomers complain they can't deal with subbed anime because it won't let them do it passively in the background like they can with video games and netflix.
Their dopamine receptors are completely fried and they don't even know it.

Any Forums is not social media (social networking)

>I have a bad habit of thinking about them long after they're gone
what's bad about that? You should think about what you read, otherwise it's not worth reading.

people who have more than 1 tab open at a time do this to themselves but still claim they have superior productivity and workflow
tabbed browsing was a mistake. want to see multiple things at once? yeah its called windows. want to save stuff to read later? yeah its called bookmarks.

tabs are for people who are so poor they have to get a credit loan just to pay attention.
"technology fried my brain" no you were just retarded to begin with.

This is a glowie thread..no one on this boards IQ is high enough to put together this many coherent sentences. Sage and report

nakadashi paimon

Yeah, then my phone burned out. My internet addiction was Pavlovian with my phone, so now I'm healing. IF I get a phone again it will be a flip phone. I'm taking a lot of caution to not let that happen again on desktop:
>Browse with lynx when possible, javascript isn't needed, sites that strictly need it are to be avoided, images can be opened with feh.
>RSS feeds to tell me when webcomics youtubers and such have updated.
>No More Twitter. There is no healthy way to engage with it.
>Don't engage with the rage algoithm in any capacity: no pepejaks, no screenshot dunking, if an opinion seems like it could've been satire a few years ago, it's bait or a glow-op. If someone keeps exposing you to things they're mad at, consider if they're really worth following or not. *cough mutahar cough* Secondhand rage algorithm is still rage algorithm.
>Dump your worldview Entirely and create a text document with your political beliefs. De-bloat your worldview and keep it simple and substantiated. Even if it means being okay with groups of people you may have been trained to dislike by the algorithms.
>No more search engines unless work related or an emergency. Search engines are attention span killers too.
>Clean your desk, clean your room, make your desktop enviroment as minimalist as you can. Donate things you don't need. Pirate The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up. Not the book, the manga.
>Wear earplugs where there's ambient noise until you are comfortable with silence while working.
>Turn off the RGB lights on your devices.
It's hard, you WILL feel withdrawl, but we'll make it.

Attached: 1652929557180.gif (560x720, 1.32M)

we get it, zoomer. you live in le high tech low life metaverse reality. just stop your bullshit edgy cyburpunk larp and you will be fine. unironically touch grass. sheessh frfr no cap

>How about switching tabs and immediately forgetting what you just saw?
Similarly
> open new tab
> get distracted by another thought or notification
> return to new tab
> forgot what I wanted to do
> try to retrace my though pattern to remember
Worst of all is I sometimes catch myself drafting responses to comments I haven't read to completion. I see a wall of text like read a few sentences and think about a reply and type it up. Then I catch myself and read the rest of the post and many times my would-be reply has been addressed.
Also abit of a (You) slut since I often only watch threads to see responses to my comments and rarely read through the various threads of conversations in generals like /hsg/ which I frequent.
In brief, I'm NGMI

Be empathetic
I should mention, yes I was on a normal web browser when I posted this. Eventually you can trust yourself to *a limited list of sites* you feel you can trust yourself with *on a timer for no more than 2 hours*. An ex-alcoholic can drink a little bit without a relapse as long as they are *very cautious.*

Are you able to ignore your phone when it's alerting you to a new message? This is how I find out if people are addicted. Putting away Any Forums is easy once you realize that most posts are made by bots (this is true for most "social" media).

Smartphones are the worst thing to happen to human happiness since the advent of agriculture. As usual, a bunch of idiot savant eggheads release an amazing-on-paper new technology into the world without ever asking themselves what the ripple effects will be, and once it's released into the wild you can never eradicate it.

this is me
my attention span is dead
I need the constant drip feed of monkey dopamine
I honestly can't focus on anything. Unless I overcome it and I like doing it, then I can do whatever for hours on end. But stuff like university essays, I've one due in -4 days.

absolutely based post, take this user seriously

Attached: Screenshot_20220530-195354_Librera_PRO.png (1080x1920, 1.1M)

>Be empathetic
>Checks what website I'm currently on