How do you cool down in the summer in your country? what's the biggest scam?

how do you cool down in the summer in your country? what's the biggest scam?

Attached: 1653923846767.jpg (1200x632, 129.61K)

Central air in America. I have no problems with it, always had it, but i am sure some yuropoor is going to say its dogshit compared whatever poorfag cope they have.

Central air for home and dual hose portable ac for garage

We have those split air conditioners, which are really just air circulators connected to an outside heat pump. Everyone's been shilling them recently, and we've had them for a while, but they use a shit ton of electricity still so I don't see the point.

>biggest scam?
Roof fans, vertical fans.

one split unit for each room

also, wondering if I can hook up an extra "internal unit" or whatever to the compressor outside

I just open my window. Air conditioning is for the weak

Sweden i only open a window on both sides of the house and let the rain cool down my house

I take of my shirt

how hot do summers get in your country?

cause im fucking broke

Attached: 0.jpg (488x488, 17.98K)

Those portable ones are a scam
Nothing like a 20 year old window ac blowing cold air straight into your fucking head

are evaporative/swamp coolers a meme? how dry does it have to be for them to be worthwhile?

Attached: 1653926095910.jpg (338x908, 28.63K)

I live in 40c summers and I have to say the Evaporative Cooler is the absolute biggest scam out of anything. A generic fan is tiers above an evaporative cooler

Evaporative cooling not only is fucking terrible, but insists on a stupid amount of labour for it to be usable, it really expects you to replace the non-intuitive-to-replace tank with ice cold filtered water and frozen ice packs every time you use it, they dont even make the room cooler.

In fact, if its hot enough to want to cool the room down, and you have to leave any part of the window open OR decide to ignore that advice, the evaporative cooler will just simply make your room so humid that you will feel like the room is a higher temperature than it already was if you had just not turned anything on

Don't fucking buy an evaporative cooler

true for the most part unless you live in a really arid country. where do you live?

>Everyone's been shilling them recently
numales discovered they're used outside of the US, which automatically means they're better than anything the US has.

Australia

Minisplit AC in my apartment
I turn it on once inside temp passes 22C

I thought Australia was arid as fuck?

99% of the population lives on the coast

i'm not using evaporative cooling the the middle of a desert

I just endure.

fair enough lol, the only imagine I really have of your country is this kino

Attached: 1653927232303.jpg (1108x831, 162.45K)

image*

Window and Portable air conditioners are a fucking scam, don't buy them. I lived in hawaii for about 3 years and none of those places have central air. I had both a portable and window a/c and they didn't do shit except raise my electric bill.

Attached: 0fvo62pyua191.jpg (1440x1840, 125.79K)

I like the heat, I don't need to cool down

Cassette air conditioner sounds good for my bedroom

split ac by far the most popular here in finland, but the houses here are generally very well insulated so it makes sense. portables probably the only other relatively common choice for apartment buildings without central ac i guess.

i open 2 windows have put up fans, intake and exhaust
fresh breeze coming through

I open windows, use ceiling fans and have shade trees around my house. Not falling for the air conditioning jew.