Why do millennials deprive themselves of an integral, standardized part of the PC keyboard?

Why do millennials deprive themselves of an integral, standardized part of the PC keyboard?

Attached: numpad.jpg (1024x785, 262.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTKGG6Kx-hc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_HfVGj8H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh boy, it's this fucking thread again.

Attached: 1405101451185.jpg (400x309, 16.01K)

Transfags love mutilating their cocks so this ain't nothing

Only ADHD zoomers are afraid of this

I use a 75% keyboard, I like the space I save on my desk.

The "space savings" are not worth it and you know it.

fine but,

Attached: metalbridge06broke.jpg (256x256, 12.67K)

Attached: 19.png (300x100, 28.85K)

I don't.
This and 16:9 should be protected.

I'll do you one better, use one of these to combine the ergonomics of having a central keyboard and better mouse placement with the utility of a 100% KB

Attached: black_left_handed_programmable_keyboard_large.jpg (1000x750, 85.68K)

Buy a bigger desk.
why use a desk that is a meter long?

That seems god awful, user.
It looks something arabic people would use.

Numbers can be typed quicker using the number row.
All of the other keys/functions can be easily recreated using mods placed in thumb clusters,
or using other functions offered by QMK.

The numpad is slow and requires you to move your hand - very inefficient!
Outdated tech used by boomers, unable to learn and adapt to modern day tech!

youtube.com/watch?v=pTKGG6Kx-hc

>Numbers can be typed quicker using the number row.
Anyone who says this is trolling or hasn't actually been typing a lot of numbers.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_HfVGj8H8

I'm not an accountant. When programming I very rarely use numbers.

I want to use the numpad with my right hand, not the left one.

However, it's true that the placement of the numpad in most keyboards does get in the way when using the mouse.

Solution: use compact keyboard plus a separate numpad. That way, you can pull it out when you need it and put it away when you don't, best of both worlds.

>keys that duplicate existing keys
bloat

They don't realize that more keys = more potential functionality, no matter how much you try to spin it. Reprogrammability is not an inherent advantage of smaller keyboards, you can use those additional keys for anything you want. The numpad is truly a boon in Emacs.

With that said, it's very hard to find full size PCBs supporting something such as QMK. I'd rather have a smaller, but fully programmable keyboard than a bigger non-programmable keyboard. But a large, fully programmable keyboard would be objectively the best of both worlds.

I get the mouse distance argument, but in my opinion, it's not worth the cost. Using mousekeys with the numpad is actually a more comfortable solution most of the time.

>2022
>still using a keyboard
dude just use your phone lmao

Numpad keys emit different keycodes. The "1" in the alphanumeric cluster is distinguishable from the "1" on the numpad, therefore you can bind them to do different things without an issue.