I'm thinking about a career change. I want to take the work from home pill. I want stop the commute...

I'm thinking about a career change. I want to take the work from home pill. I want stop the commute, going into the office. It's so tedious. Right now I'm a computer lab assistant but I'd like to do some IT shit from the comfort of my own bedroom. I know it sounds vague but I haven't paid too much attention to the IT industry since I was 18 (I'm 23 now)

Do any of you work from home, would you recommend it and what is your job?

Attached: 2019-11-23_ent_55085282_I3.jpg (353x530, 19.21K)

Why does everyone think tech is some kind of golden ticket? Who is telling people this I just don't get it. Where the fuck does it come from?

Come back when you learn how not to ask stupid questions

she's so cute

You all are, by bragging about your 3 billion a month salaries on Any Forums

I work on subsea robotics with a team on 3 continents (no Indians) and can with from anywhere in the world at any time of day.
I drive to the office every weekday for 8-4 hours because human interaction is important for mental and immunological health, and also to reduce the wear and tear on my own house.

It's been like this for 10 years, you all brag about sleeping through zoom standup meetings and jacking off most of the day and doing 2 minutes of actual work in your crusty boxers while collecting over 200k a year in total compensation.

don't fall for working from home meme user, i've been working like that since pand and I got sick because on home you work more with less productivity and don't see people often. not good idea.

>career change
>want to work from home
Why not first try to continue your current profession from home, then expand, change, or add to your experience from there?
She sure _was_.

Attached: bjork.jpg (620x360, 28.88K)

Sounds like my current life but with an actual salary.

Björk bros...

>silky tights

Attached: pepeGASM.png (112x112, 18.8K)

I know it's not a golden ticket but it's a thriving industry that offers a lot of job opportunity in comparison to some other bullshit like medical or whatever. I also happen to like technology and I love working with computers. But unfortunately for me high school didn't offer a robotics for computer engineering club so I've been out of practice. Haven't built a computer in ages and I forgot most of the shit that goes into it. I need a refresher on some of the fundamentals. I know getting a computer science degree is probably going to be the most beneficial thing. Which means I have to sign four years of my life to getting it. But if that means I get to work from home by the time I'm 27 or 28 I can live with that. Because the alternative is staying where I am now until I hit that age and still not going anywhere. Being a computer lab assistant while comfy doesn't really take home a lot of money. And being surrounded by high school girls doesn't do anything for me
I will literally make this thread every single day to spite you
That sounds like a pretty cool job I don't know I've been going into the quote unquote office for about 4 years in total and I just do not care for it.
I would much rather tie off of work at home and then go to the club or a movie or hang out with friends or go on a date to get my socialization

i wish had a good salary

>I would much rather tie off of work at home and then go to the club or a movie or hang out with friends or go on a date to get my socialization
zoomer with friends... I miss my old days when had friends, money and time to hang out with them

>going into the quote unquote office for about 4 years in total and I just do not care for it.
shitty or boring colleagues is certainly unfortunate, but wear and tear on your own property during the most expensive part of the day for utilities with no maintenance staff is a pretty big deal.
I was forced into wfh over most of the last 2 years and I've had to fix all 3 toilets, the sink faucet, the fridge, my front door, my porch roof, the AC compressor, the bath tub faucet, and my water main. I've spent an extra 40% on energy over the last 20 months even though temperatures have been milder than previous years. my water bill is up too.
all of that with no raise to accommodate for the extra expense, and only a mild $30 a month reduced travel fuel bill, and I have to provide my own office, Internet, and I must be HR presentable on camera even in my own damn house.
don't do it user, wfh is shit

I'd rather pay more money to be at home in a state I like than the 1.5hrs each way on public transit in a major city that I had to do before I got a new wfh home 5yrs ago. If you can't afford your house that's on you. Just respond to the LinkedIn spam you should be getting from your experience and make more money with a different company.

goddamn, do you shit, shower, and eat like 30 times a day or something?

All my friends right now are suffering from career and security so as shitty as it may sound I'm not trying to be like them in that department.
Well for one I live in an apartment so all that shit's taken care of secondly I'm not really worried about the wear and tear on my house

*career insecurity

Right, its crazy!