/dpt/ Daily Programming thread

prev
What are you working on, Any Forums?

Attached: 1653582040333.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

Writing C++ of course.
What else?

Attached: evening.jpg (579x530, 21.93K)

>What are you working on, Any Forums?
Cleaning my room

(C++)-- is better

I'm working on not doing it for free, unlike the janitards.
Also, reminder that forth is the true most powerful language, not lisp.

Been working on an in-house employee management platform in Dart/Flutter. Now that we got approval to use the syncfusion API, life's a breeze.

No personal projects recently, I'm expecting my first child next month, so a little busy with my partner etc.

Why did jannies delete saten's thread

>The thread I posted got deleted over that Rust joke.

Attached: 1652055768921.jpg (481x436, 35.83K)

either the retarded OP got reported for troll, or we have one of THOSE jannies who require the old thread be on page 9-10 before you make a new one

flamewar bait

if dubs name them sean

wait was it uihara
i dont remember their names or which one fs ds

It's a girl haha

t. inbred janigger

>Implied rust thread
Based OP.

Attached: file.png (315x129, 71.85K)

thinking about moving all my fpga autism to a new thread, but i think the problem with hardware compared to software really is
>cost to entry - fpga dev boards are enough money that it stops people from starting for free with no effort
>way more frustrating to start - can't shit out hello world or a node.js app in a second
>no interesting motivating projects - can't just want to make a game or a utility. people who go into hardware go either for the sake of getting a job or extreme autism
>worse job prospects - EE pay is a meme, assuming you even get a job without a degree
>zero consumer impact - everyone knows the impact of software from individuals but all electronics are just giant corporate devices

proper thread inference > auto

>>>>>>>them
The absolute state of nu/g/

Yeah, that sums it up. I wanted to point that out in the thread that got pruned.
Importantly, it's hard to think about realistic projects that can be achieved in hardware but not in software, particularly when you have rpi's going around for all your small soc + simple extensions needs

the main motivating problem for FPGA for me is hardware acceleration. moving algorithms to silicon etc. even then actually paying for a board that could beat a modern cpu or gpu is usually infeasible in terms of pricing

well... you could use an FPGA to emulate a circuit running some hardware project you have.

Since the other thread got deleted I'll ask here: is pic related good? What are good resources on software architecture?

Attached: 550x721.jpg (550x721, 70.2K)

What exactly are the use cases for no-sql DBs like Dynamo etc?
Like what's an example where dynamo should be used over a SQL dB?

Is lisp worth learning? Most people agree in that learning it is a good way of improving your programming skills and logic.
What's the best book about it, and why are there so many fucking dialects?

Attached: 0d74b193257381fc148f4d8dd8becba53714928c715ea020624a8e028a1adc06.jpg (225x225, 6.44K)

no
>why so many
because it's so useless

How so?
>because it's so useless
That doesn't make any sense, user.