Printers

are these still all complete and utter dogshit or has printer tech actually improved recently?

Attached: file.png (2000x1334, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/future/article/20170607-why-printers-add-secret-tracking-dots
brother-usa.com/products/hll2300d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I find that having one is useful. I like to print copies of books. What qualms do you have with printers right now?

bbc.com/future/article/20170607-why-printers-add-secret-tracking-dots
dogshit

Brother is the only brand that seems to work for me

>Inkjets
Avoid them at all cost. The whole inkjet industry is a scam where the inks cost more than the gold in weight.

Laser printers are where its at right now.

>Brother laser
>pre-9/11 HP Laserjet
disregard everything else

Printers are fucking black magic.

brother laser printer for $100
you only need to get new ink every 7,000 pages or every 2 years for casual users
fuck anything else

I've literally never heard of Brother, but I also haven't looked at printers in a decade. Are they really that good?

I handle purchasing for multiple offices. They're great and reliable. You'd have to have a really good reason to buy anything else but the Brother L2300D imo
brother-usa.com/products/hll2300d

>needing a printer in 2011+11

Attached: 1424077219952.jpg (394x399, 35.52K)

how do you ship things user? I don't want to run to Kohls and wait in that huge ass line every time I sell something on eBay

Reminder, Brother laser printers are a meme. So don't fall for the meme. Look at whats actually the best price/performance and whats actually the cheapest/easiest to replace the toner.

Brother printers have toner DRM so that it doesn't work with third party toners. Just like many of the other well known companies.

i just want a small, reliable b&w laser printer that supports postscript emulation

What used laser printers should I look for? I'm using a HP 1012s right now I think. I haven't changed the catridge within the past decade but I'm coming close. I think about investing ~100 € for some printer/scanner combo.

I don't sell things on (((eBay))) so not really an issue for me, if I mail something I just use my trusty sharpie marker and write the address on the package.

I have that exact same canon printer in your image and it has worked fine for the last 2 or 3 years I've had it.

I spend 20 for mine, it doesn't look so well, but it did its job since then. The only annoying part is I have to use a Canon inkjet as scanner (because ink is so fucking expensive its not worth using it).

Not the L2300D.
Source: I just bought a bundle of third party toners that'll last me a year and a half for $17 off Amazon
Brother L2300D
use your phone for scanning
>retard making minimum wage at FedEx makes a typo because she couldn't read your handwriting or made a mistake

You mean Kinko's? Didn't know Kohls performed document services along with selling clothing and kitchenware.

Kohls will box up your shit if you have something to return to Amazon or sold on eBay as a complimentary service.

Brothers were worth ~$50 few years ago, then the meme hit and now they're selling for double or triple that amount.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, user. I'll check out my local kohls next time I need to return something from Amazon.

still worth double the price
either you pay it now or you pay it plus more in the long run when HP rapes you in the ass with their toner and DRM
>oops your printer broke looks like you'll need to buy a new one :^)