I download all my music FLAC but use shitty $60 gaymen headset

I download all my music FLAC but use shitty $60 gaymen headset.

Attached: 1650445119028.png (720x720, 392.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/lame.320.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

no one falls for this pasta anymore

kek I haven't seen this in a while

cute and frogpilled.

Attached: 1653510238130.jpg (1200x900, 139.98K)

I have a Beyerdynamic T1 but hear Youtube MP3 (because I can't find a high quality version of it yet)
I sometimes get nostalgia when I hear MP3s from my teenage era library which I still have, they are often having certain faults I got used to before I got high quality versions. Sometimes I believed they are part of the song.

>because I can't find a high quality version of it yet
Soulseek

True soul is listening to the song only for it to be suddenly interrupted by some foreign language radio host
Seemed like half of the stuff you got in the limewire days would be like that

There's literally no need for anything beyond MP3 v0

this pasta needs to be updated for SSDs. what's the equivalent for rotational volocidensity?

no one stores data on ssds, retard

Lossy does not distort audio but rather changes it on a fundamental level. There is no audio system shit enough that it could not resolve the damage lossy does to the audio.

If it weren't for rotational volocidensity this would be believable for

I download youtube music and encode them all in mp3.
Sounds great.

*twitch*

they are not that expensive nowadays, user

I use soundcloud with my $500 IEMs.

You can't tell the difference.
abx.digitalfeed.net/lame.320.html

I use a 25 grand setup to listen to anime ost compilations on youtube exclusively

I download music in whatever format I can get and convert it later to mp3 just because of legacy. I also listen to it on my K361 and don't notice the difference.

The difference is subtle, the problem is that lossy audio causes brain damage reducing your ability to hear. You will find over time that you can tolerate lower and lower bitrates as your hearing degrades, and then the lower bit-rate degrades your hearing even more.

>the problem is that lossy audio causes brain damage reducing your ability to hear
Source?

>The difference is subtle
You'll be able to pass the test if there's a difference, show your results.