Buy a $1k GPU

>buy a $1k GPU
>it sags unless you use some tacky fix
how have they not properly fixed GPU sag yet?

does vertical mounting have to become the standard?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 207.79K)

Why does it matter? Just close the case so that you don't have to look at it.

APUs don't have this problem. There is no reason for a high-T man to own a GPU.

Sagging is due to bad mounting by the user

why do they not connect the mounting bracket to the back plate in some way? or have the bracket run the length of the card inside the shroud

They did. Pay a premium.
Never had a single issue with cards like pic related and sag.

Attached: 1622349909545.jpg (1300x3116, 653.48K)

I can't tell if these are shitposts or if anons don't realize how big graphics cards have gotten. I bought one of these for my 6800 XT because it's fuckhuge compared to my 980 Ti and wasn't comfortable with it sagging the way it was.

Attached: gpu brace.png (248x778, 57.84K)

Far smaller cards than 6800 XT sag, this shouldn't be needed for those. Since shit like has no problems.

Does it even matter?

use a tabasco bottle

here's the 900 iq solution to the GPU sag menace

Attached: sagfix.png (1012x564, 15.67K)

Reminder that the first IBM PC in the 1980s already solved the sagging issue. Your shitty gaymen PC is literally inferior to 40 year old technology.

Attached: dabsyx-061f230d-43dd-466a-9d4b-60956f4b3563.jpg (1600x1200, 442.31K)

I had that exact card and it also sagged. My rog strix 3080 doesn't. How much is user and how much is model?

If your 6800XT sags it's because you got a bad model. backplates make a huge difference. Sapphire use reinforced metal backplates so their cards never sag. XFX and Gigabyte use cheaper backplates that sag like hell.

Yeah, if you buy a GPU + PC that costs as much as a IBM PC with a graphics cards in 1981, then you won't have a sagging problem either, even today.

almost like consumer grade gpus suck

Any card with memory or the GPU real close to the PCIe slot can have failures from repeated thermal expansion when the PCB is literally flexing under them from the sag on the unsupported end of the card.

Granted all cards will succumb to thermal expansion but the flexing makes the issue much worse.

It has a backplate, it's just so heavy that it will sag.

It's not like a few notches on the front of the case cost an awful lot of money. Workstations still have them.

and I'm saying that the quality of the backplate matters. Just because it has one doesn't mean it's immune to sag. Just like having shitty caps doesn't make you immune to coil whine.

People just need to figure this out.
You can't buy what's literally toy grade PC components and expect something good or reliable.

Attached: 1653579299705.jpg (300x300, 28.73K)

Manufacturers could add another PCIE expansion slot anchor point for more support since high-end GPUs are effectively occupying three or more slots of space; they could reinforce the frame to keep the GPU level.