Before 2010

>Before 2010
>Free computers, audio equipment, etc from the bins or dumped on the street

>After 2010
>Everyone takes their e-waste to be "recycled"

I fucking hate big recycle and the green agenda. They've ruined everything.

Attached: 1.jpg (300x307, 26.91K)

fuck ewaste kikes just go to ewaste and take stuff

Attached: 1642261427197.jpg (3840x2160, 2.45M)

>>Everyone takes their e-waste to be "recycled"
do they though?
seems to me people just sell their used stuff, or just keep using it for longer, instead of throwing it away now, because the economy has gone to shit

Just put an local add with wanna get rid of your old tech we will take it for free.
Easy clean I've gotten more stuff then I can carry

The recycling center for my area was just a concrete square in the middle of some fields.

Now it has thick welded metal grid perimeter topped by barbed wire.

Reddit spacing, though.

Enjoy people offloading their old Pentium 2 desktop on you.

You say that like retro computing enthusiasts aren't a thing

are you implying that's not enyojable?

reminder that companies destroy working and used laptops and make them unfixable by design to raise market prices and get more profit
this is also the same reason build quality is shit in pretty much all modern laptops
we're fucked

If you like hoarding junk

cool

I don't understand retro computing for this era of systems. It's literally just a modern PC but much worse. For something like a C64 or an A3000 or old console then at least I can get it. Those computers had "SOVL" and were different to what exists today, even with emulation. But you're literally just hoarding a mass produced beige box from a company nobody remembers or cares about.

Its mostly that the cases look awesome compared to rainbow vomit stuff of today

I think you mean LaTeX spacing.

late 90's/early 00's computers and software are actually not easy to emulate
while most software for them will run directly in wine or modern windows, with tools like dxwnd and dgvoodoo2 to help out, if you want to do something like emulate windows 98 and run games and software that way, you're going to struggle
accelerated virtual machines have limited compatibility, and full emulators take a lot of resources to get anything better than a pentium 1

that and you don't get it since you likely didn't grow up during that period, i did, so i understand the interest, but i've seen a bunch of >40yo youtubers for example who express no desire in late 90's pc's for reasons like you say, they consider them too much like current machines
i'm too young to have used things like c64's, amigas, apple II's, and so on, i've looked into them since and i think they're interesting machines for sure, but they aren't nostalgic for me because i didn't grow up with them, most of them predate me entirely

Only 15+ year old shitboxes get recycled, everything else is being sold on ebay. I'm sure you've gone into a thrift store and seen a "retro" mac that cost more than $500.

That's just free money. You don't have to understand it for it to sell. I don't understand wanting animal shaped dildos for "hetero" men for anal stimulation either. Yet they sell.

>take old tv and other assorted shit to the recycling center
>they make me fill a sheet with all my data
>whatever
>after handing it filled they say they can't accept my stuff as I'm from the neighboring town and the facility only serves local residents
down the bin it is

Yup, but it's more the government finding more ways to squeeze blood from a stone, aka tax payers.

What if he wants to put a local subtract instead?

>dumpsters, dumps, recycling centers are suddenly guarded as if they're a warehouse
>literal trash people have thrown out is treated like it's private property
This really says something about society.

Attached: 1637170643662.jpg (751x741, 327.54K)