VMware Broadcom Acquisition

How are there literally zero threads about a $60 billion acquisition of a tech company that 100% of this board's users will be negatively impacted by?
Stop arguing about distros and think of all the ways Hocky Tan is gonna fuck over VMware.

Attached: broad.jpg (2700x1350, 202.22K)

I use KVM

Attached: 3B19C66D-B750-49DC-A663-CAB919FC58E2.jpg (700x719, 88.93K)

>paid shitware
everyone uses VirtualBox or KVM

This is a board for shitposting and consumerism. The news you're referencing has no effect on a bunch of retards showing off their tiling window managers and headphones.

Vmwares best days are long behind it. On prem is dead.

if by everyone you mean poor faggot cross dressers in bedrooms, then yes. The rest of the world hosts on VMware

yes until a big breach at Azure then on-prem it will be again

VMware affects literally nobody, fag.
They haven't been relevant since 2010

>100% of this board's users will be negatively impacted by
I don't use proprietary bloatware (Broadcom drivers and VMware).

IBM here to tell you to install OpenShift

What is OpenShift my IBM friend?

poor and proud! glad it makes you seethe!

I only run qemu/kvm and if that's not enough i run bare metal
Unfortunately it is a real loss I'd wish apple would let broadcom die

>containers
>kuberanetes

no thanks IBM bro

>How are there literally zero threads about a $60 billion acquisition of a tech company that 100% of this board's users will be negatively impacted by?
Because it's really fucking hard to do worse than how dirty EMC did them with shit. Also most people on Any Forums don't have jobs so why bother using Vmware?

Hybrid setups actually exist way more than you think, many many companies move 100% cloud then go "oh shit we actually need X onsite".

fpbp
/thread
>Verification not required.

Attached: 1634497753249.jpg (1920x1080, 393.22K)

If true, dell will make lots of money

Dell bought EMC for 67 billion, which basically fully owned VMware. Really it's a loss unless we can see the storage profits from dell.

It is an on-prem cloud solution, essentially a value-added Kubernetes :^)
Because every relevant cloud provider has a Kubernetes offering of some kind, infrastructure defined for Kubernetes is mostly portable between clouds :^)
I say "mostly", because most cloud providers differ in terms of StorageClasses for persistent volumes, and ingress routing is usually specific to the managed service

Those niggers also use windows.

BASED and very cute

Attached: dajoos.jpg (1280x720, 84.9K)

Because VMware for better or for worse is yesterday's company. They keep shilling how I can become certified as a VMware ninja devops professional for free (limited time offer) and I've never been the least bit interested because VMware is career death where you maintain legacy infrastructure for shit pay.

Does this nigga look like he's keeping it together?

Attached: hock e tan.jpg (749x499, 34.09K)