What are the best eReaders? Is it still the kindle?

What are the best eReaders? Is it still the kindle?

Is it like the tablet world where anything besides an iPad is a cope? Or is there real competition in the e-reader world.

Also I've owned the same paperwhite backlit kindle for a long time, I'm pretty sure it's one of the first versions. Do they still have that laggy feel when navigating menus and stuff or are modern ones snappy and to the point now

Attached: kindle_paperwhite-100819090-orig-1.jpg (1400x867, 103.83K)

There's exactly one company that manufactures the eink displays, so they're identical for the same display size/type. The difference then lies in how shitty is the chink software behind it.

>Is it like the tablet world where anything besides an iPad is a cope?
Kinda. If you know you're going to do 100% piracy then whatever will work. If you might want to actually pay for a book, or a newspaper, then kindle.

Inb4 botnet

kobo
it's got a store, but you can sideload any mount of epubs

I have a Kobo and it's full of books from b-ok / libgen

Anyone try the boox devices?

Kobo Libra 2

Attached: 1653172816417.jpg (460x385, 47.65K)

>libgen
on libgen how do you find the best copy of the book you want? When there's like 16 copies of the same book.

it doesnt really matter. you'll know with the first 3 pages if it is suitable or not. go for epub if a normal book and pdf for textbooks or picture books probably

There's a Kobo Aura for $45 at my local thrift shop, should I poorchase?

If it's in good condition and the screen is a suitable size, then yes. That's not a bad deal.

>the best
Hisense Reader is the only way to go in 2022. It's Android too.

Always wanted a kindle DX.

Attached: 71rabs7xJWL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (860x978, 101.83K)

>reading

I have a Kobo Clara with koreader on it, it's really comfy.

>Is it like the tablet world where anything besides an iPad is a cope? Or is there real competition in the e-reader world.
I tried an iPad but it sucked compared to my Boox. I don't know how people can stand those screens and the battery life was terrible.

I love my Boox but it's a pain in the ass to remove most of the Chinese telemetry.

What's a good and which one shod I be checking out

If that's the case then I've struck gold with my Kobo Glo. Damn thing is a decade old at this point and still perfectly servicable. Battery replacement is easy. The software isn't locked down to all shit

Note Air 2 might be a good starting point.

i got one for 20 bucks at a goodwill. it's great for manga and comics. however, it was stuck on the original owners account and i have to pirate everything. i still can't believe it failed.

>best eReaders
theres a bunch of chinese ones that are leaps and bound above a kindle. however, they are really expensive and i don't want to deal with returning them if they turn out shit.

Boox is sold on Amazon so you can just return it to Amazon as most other products.