Raspberry Pi

>underpowered
>overpriced
>glorified paperweight
Be honest, you bought one too. We all make mistakes

Attached: raspberry pi.jpg (1200x675, 141.08K)

I bought two 8GB rpi 4s and they're sitting in a box in my basement.

I'm posting this on mine. It's my backup shitposting machine.

Bought them when they were cheap and I was new into linux. Then I got a decent home server and my Pi is now collecting dust.
Can't call it a mistake though. It was fun for some time.

>you bought one too
no i didn't, but i will

I sold mine for twice as much as I paid. It was a rp3.

Is it a usable desktop?

I bought one for Kodi. It was pretty neat at the time.

bought a rp3 I think as a customizable media watching device, worked great and inexpensive.

>>underpowered
Imo it's too overpowered desu

yeah its center of my development
go away non programmer. go and infest reddit

LXDE (raspberry pi os standard desktop) = faster then XFCE on a pc. which is 10x faster than winshit.

Kind of

If OP were to have friends he would be using it as a retro-game emulator at last. Mine is running pihole, a NAS, a VPN server to enter my LAN from everywhere, and use pihole on the go (if I ever need to) and a Mysterium VPN node. It's also kind of a lightweight VPS if you redirect SSH ports on your router.
Overall I'm not that disappointed, but I'd say there are better SBCs out there

But you could use it as Quad core DNS-server that can't even block youtube ads. Just remember get 8GB model for best performance.

I bought an orange pi for $20 and it's been running 24/7 since 2019.
Now it costs double the price. Lmao. Never thought I'd see the day where technology aged like wine. I could literally make a profit selling a 3yo chink pi knock-off kek.

I'm finding mine to be pretty useful. That said if you want a home server and you already have an old machine laying around then buying a pi is retarded.

it was cheapest thing that runs openwrt on my local place that does not have $9001 shipment costs

power consumption ya muppet

I use mine to play with c programs since I am too lazy/stupid to get c working on my windows machine.

can i have them?

i wanted one but i realized i didn't need it so never bought one because i'm not a stupid coomsumer