How does Any Forums work? is it just an ever-increasing database of ~68 million post hashes...

how does Any Forums work? is it just an ever-increasing database of ~68 million post hashes? so surely posting should slowly take longer and longer over time, right?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-24 145717.png (545x197, 48.18K)

surely a mod will respond to you on there

That board doesn't exist anymore.

68m is not q big record for a DB, in fact that's not big at all

that's just about 500mb of md5 hashes
not a whole lot

I went with 2 million instead of 68 million because my phone has a modest amount of memory, but notice that verifying a post only takes 20µs. That's 0.00002 seconds. If you did it on a server instead of on an uncharged phone and used an industrial-class database engine instead of notoriously slow shitlang Python I bet it'd be even better.
The nice thing about hashing is that you don't have to compare against everything. It scales.
(If I use a list instead of a set it's 100ms.)

Attached: Screenshot_20220524-230205_Termux.png (1079x686, 102.29K)

I think you underestimate how fast modern hardware is.

Dictionary search is O(1)

The DB occasionally clears, no clue how often though.

Attached: 1632875940388.png (600x800, 33.62K)

They should add that to all boards

just gives me an excuse to gore post and ban evade

also I'm taking a shit rn kinda spicy had a lot of bologna and cheese with hot mustard sandwiches like a lot

Attached: 1652805225097.gif (200x300, 121.81K)

You can't evade hashes, this stops 95% of all annoying posters who post the same shit over and over forever

>u kant evaid hashez
Not what I was talking about whatsoever.

Implementing the r9k filter site wide would force me to gore post and ban evade in retaliation.
I'd keep personal vps/vpns spun up just to gore dump.

AI text is hash filter passable.

My point is,
Why do people here suggest the most worst things possible?

Is it a hash table, or does it use a tree?
Wouldn't you have to recalculate all of the hashes at some point when the size increases over capacity?

Very nice

i suspect it's just using a standard hash algorithm
not actually a hash map
e.g. md5
the database probably abstracts away the complexity of indexing it, but Any Forums probably allows hash collisions

I'm not too familiar with databases.
The hashes are all stored, and the database sorts them or something?
So they are not hashed to an address?

My reply

>force me to gore post and ban evade in retaliation
>personal vps/vpns spun up

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 480.24K)

I'm going to guess that it's a Bloom filter. You get constant size and and only takes O(k) to either add or test if an element is in the filter, k here isn't the size of the filter, but is instead a constant value chosen to make the false positive rate arbitrarily small. In other words It gives you:
>Constant time access
>Constant time insert
>Constant memory
It's what I would use anyway.