Are handheld tape recorders obsolete technology?

Are handheld tape recorders obsolete technology?

I'm sad if I missed out on them. They look like comfy technology.

Attached: Sony-M-450-Microcassette-Recorder.jpg (500x375, 18.09K)

Yes. Just do what you want bro.

Obsolete? Yeah outside of a few niche scenarios I'm sure.

But there's no harm in getting one to fuck around with. I mean, don't overpay if it's some hipster trendy shit going on, but nothing wrong with messing around with older tech for shits and giggles.

Tape is obsolete, yes.

Attached: 13892926.jpg (3000x6973, 2.21M)

These are obsolete since many states are 2 party states and recording without permission is called illegal wiretapping and is a felony and usually not admissable as evidence in court.

Depends. Can digital recorders start recording from cold before I've taken my finger off the button? That was my gripe with the cheap one I had - took 15 seconds to start up, whereas a tape would be instant

That thing is also obsolete.
But you carry the modern replacement around with you everywhere you go.

Retard post.
Those recorders usually contain better audio circuitry than phones and supports a number of external microphones.
They also come rugged, which modern phones usually don't.

Attached: 14491774.jpg (3000x1597, 799.5K)

Obsolete in what way? That something "better" came? Sure thing, phones will probably give you a better sounding recording than this, especially if you use an external mic.
That said, I use cassette tapes, my Walkman WM-2055 and Onkyo Integra TA-2570 for all of my music needs. I love tinkering with it and did the whole calibration as per the manuals. When going out, my only phone is a dumb phone (Samsung GT-E1200I which I literally found in the trash), and I don't have headphones for it. Only being able to carry just a few cassettes, I have to really think about the music I want to listen to, instead of just putting my phone on shuffle.
If you like something for how it feels, just do it. Use whatever makes you happy and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>inb4 hurr durr you only do it for nostalgia
I wasn't even remotely born while cassettes were popular, I haven't used a cassette until I was 17, which was 6 years ago.

Attached: deck.jpg (1280x720, 147.58K)

>They also come rugged, which modern phones usually don't.
Modern phones are very rugged. They get abused more than people realise, since they're carried with you at all times.

Sometimes I forget just how stupid everyone other than me is.
Not only did you think the stupid things that you thought, you also went out of your way to put your mindless drivel into text and post it online.

Attached: 1650862361522.gif (500x500, 309.49K)

Attached: 1653430220490.jpg (349x642, 28.54K)

Yeah there is something comfy about physical media. I personally prefer to collect CDs. Probably the least popular option, but as a digital format it's nice to be able to make perfect clones. But their size makes them a poor choice for mobile listening (I just use my phone for that)

>Yume Nikki gif
>I'm smarter than everyone else
Lol

Just record with your phone

Two more posts completely devoid of substance.
Are you two simply incapable of producing anything that requires thought?
What am I saying, of course you are.

Attached: Cerberus_WA.png (100x100, 6.11K)

I bet you still refuse to believe the dead internet theory.

>He doesn't record on water

tape hiss was obscene, dolby NR did what it could but it often wasnt enough so you didnt miss out on anything, i dont look back on tape in any nostalgic way, it was what we had, but it wasnt great, minidisc didnt take off, i had one, it was pretty cool and offered similar recording size and recording instant time indexing etc but sony acted like sony and fucked it.

Attached: file.png (1000x750, 632.62K)

you could just get good tapes instead of the bargain bin garbage everyone used

the 'good tapes' would still degrade over time just like crap ones, even without use, humidity would do it, tape stretching was a thing etc so if you actually used them or took them out of your home you often you didn't have a good tape for long. I used to just dub any original tapes i bought immediately to avoid this, but that often induced noise so you were always hard up against its limitations.