B--but they won't LIKE it

>b--but they won't LIKE it
A cow "likes" living a relaxing stress-free life on the farm, where it's fed, groomed, taken care of, and given plenty of space to roam. One day it will be slaughtered and rendered into beef, but it will be given a somewhat satisfying life before that. Every aspect of that life will be engineered and controlled by the farmers.
A wildebeest, also known as a GNU, is a based and redpilled wild animal that shares more blood with a cow than you'd think. It doesn't "like" being that way. It doesn't "like" fleeing hungry predators on a daily basis, and occasionally having to engage them in combat using its horns. I'm sure it doesn't "like" living in constant food insecurity, and sometimes getting sick for awhile because it ate a mildly poisonous plant or drank stagnant water. I'm sure it doesn't "like" being filthy and unkempt, because there's no one to groom it, and the best it can do is bathe in literal dust and mud and hope that's good enough. But it's free. It's not free as in beer; it has to work hard for each and every convenience it can enjoy in its life. It's free as in freedom. Its roaming range is limited only by its habitat's geography. With no one taking care of it at all, it follows that no one is using care as a vehicle to impose ulterior motives: no one is milking it; no one is fattening it up to be eaten; no one is selling its children.
The GNU lives a better and more fulfilled life doing things it doesn't like than the cow does doing things it does like, because the GNU lives a life it made for itself.

Attached: 1652977188671.gif (512x512, 1.02M)

Have you ever considered that if you need this level of mental gymnastics to justify your point, your point isn't worth justifying?
People want Linux distros to be more novice friendly so that more people can switch off of Microsoft's ecosystem, making the entire software world more open and beneficial for all of us.
It isn't about cows and slavery or whatever. It's about making something palpable to the kind of people currently committed to Windows.

Attached: Banana1.png (500x500, 191.56K)

Sorry I don't have an extra 5 hours a day to configure Linux and fix whatever breaks. Linux is only valuable if your time is worthless.

OP here,
Why does the banana look like it is tilting its head in confusion and placing a hand up to its chin going hmmm?
Regards

tl;dr

>People want Linux distros to be more novice friendly
I don't consider you a person if you want to dumb down linux

Entrepreneur makes cultivated pasture. Gnu would need to collect $100 worth of pretty rocks out in the wilderness to be allowed entry. He is free to leave at any time. There are no hidden dangers -- the entrepreneur incessantly tries to cultivate a better and better pasture so people will keep paying $100 to get in and for the Pasture X.0 revisions.
The Gnu instead philosophically locks himself out of the pasture, calling this prison he has created for himself, "Freedom."

Attached: 1652745456840.jpg (783x783, 98.22K)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The corporations do it out of the goodness of their hearts

Attached: 1653332703605.gif (600x974, 342.8K)

You're a fucking idiot if you think creating novice friendly distros means "Dumbing down Linux." The entire point is that something like Ubuntu existing doesn't mean RedHat becomes less functional

They do it to collect $100, retard.

Lol, no they don't, you were born yesterday if you think the $100 license fee are all they're after in the desktop market.

I see you have put yourself in a second prison.
The door is open. Tell me, why don't you walk out?

That guy isn't me so not sure what you're talking about

Attached: 1653194386798.png (430x400, 21.85K)

You are still in that prison, and likely both.
Why don't you walk free of the prison of uncritical fear?

>You are still in that prison, and likely both.
>Why don't you walk free of the prison of uncritical fear?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 91.94K)

Enumerate the threat.

install gentoo faggot

Enumerate the threat that would require it.

>You are still in that prison, and likely both.
>Why don't you walk free of the prison of uncritical fear?
>Enumerate the threat.
>Enumerate the threat that would require it.

Attached: 25d46fc1b355563636c99dc4146e72b0.jpg (600x799, 71.55K)

I like linux, work with linux and don't mind all the caveats that come with it.
But I would never, NEVER recommend it to my not so tech savvy friends. Not even to the most advanced tech users.
Most people don't understand how to do shit other than open browser on both windows and macos and you want to give them linux where on most distros you actually need to do something? Lmao.

Touch grass