Why are sois so obsessed with cooling?

Why are sois so obsessed with cooling?

Attached: 7eeb927339c7fc7fcb49a5e8e2ca7535--custom-computers-custom-pc.jpg (736x736, 97.7K)

behold, the worst thread on Any Forums

brainlets dont know what underclocking and undervolting is

because they're afraid of running on air

Attached: 31e71c012ea7fbb60613df52983e4025.jpg (1280x960, 207.54K)

*worst thread on Any Forums so far

why do PCs need so much cooling? phones have as much power as our pcs used to have and some currently have, and they are quiet and cool or warm and have no moving parts, but a computer is a dust filled noise machine that's always running hot or on the verge of running hot

>be me
>never buy extra fans just use whatever is in the case
>only use the stock CPU cooler
>never even thought about water cooling
>have never had a single problem

Also I don't believe in overclocking, if you want more performance just buy better parts. If you have the best parts then why do you need to overclock you already have the best computer.

Attached: goalbody2.jpg (230x219, 8.1K)

People want to believe there's a cool hotrodding aspect to building a computer but they hasn't been the case for over two decades if it ever was at all

Use a Mac unironically and you'll see how truly shit PC cooling has become. The fans are so damn quiet when they are running at a lower speed (compared to an average PC) and even at their loudest aren't that bad.
>inb4 "sHiLl"

AiO water coolers are a meme
>have a watercooler from 2016
>temps recently started to become really high, reaching 70 degrees idle
>take off cooler
>literal oxidation
>also pump is failing
>complain online
>"duuuude it's so ooooold just buy a new one lmao what did you expect ecks dee"
I bought a used air cooler, ziptied fans ro it and I'm happy because I know it will never fail.

>overheats

Pretty much this. It's hilarious to go on some "technology" forums where some people seem to unironically think that they are some gurus because they know how to put together a few parts and spend a lot of money on tech. Water cooling at least is a total meme

Car guys at least usually have some practical skills and know their shit

Stock case fans suck, you literally can't buy a worse fan.
They are super loud, they are unreliable, and you are just paying the extra cost in the price of the case anyway

Same for CPU coolers, Intel & AMD both sell cheaper CPUs without a cooler.

If you don't care about noise levels then that's fine but honestly I find hearing my PC ramp up really annoying.

I have a macbook for work and it's super loud when the fans ramp up. Someone in the office complained about it. Sure it's silent with no load.

get a saltwater aquarium chiller and never look back again

Yeah it doesn't take hard to know information it just takes money to buy good components if you going for really good performance. It takes a bit of thinking if you want good value for money or are on a budget which is what I did when building because I don't have thousands to spend e.g. buy high tier last gen instead of new GPU.

Attached: goalbody.png (1263x941, 2.5M)

>telling me that what I did is wrong when I literally did/am doing it

I recently bought a bequiet case so yes if you have a shit maybe you'll have bad fans but I had cheaper cases before. I bought a Ryzen 5600 and the fan is silent so I have no idea what you are talking about. The cheapest CPU fans were like 80-100 AUD which is like a third of my CPU price when I could just use the free cooler with no problem.

Attached: camry.jpg (1139x643, 135.04K)

bequiet are literally known for making good fans, no shit if you buy a bequiet case the stock case fans will be good

It's the LTT-driven consoomer culture. The best performing and quietest PC can be had by buying a cheap airy case, $30 quiet cooler for your CPU, a graphics card with beefy cooling, and a $50 quiet 500W efficient PSU.

The only area where it makes a difference over getting the cheapest quality component is the GPU cooler as they are hard to replace.

But these PC-tubers rice their machines with 8 case fans, AIOs, 'premium' components, and 1200W PSUs that suck down 30W at idle.

All this barely make a difference in the end, and will probably be louder than what a regular dude on the street would put together.

Because phones throttle very aggressively.

They aren't. They are just obsessed with autistic colors that triggers a response in their brain, like the image in your pic does to his owner.
Completely disregarding the fact that liquid cooling is both a worse solution than a custom heatsink and more expensive, since a 100$ Noctua heatsink does a perfect job if you're not a retard.

It's like the NOS of PCs

>phones have as much power as our pcs used to have
a bit of what said, and the fact that in the past the same speed was achieved using bigger transistors, which produced more heat.

AIOs aren't maintenance free, should have just refilled it since air probably got inside. that said AIOs are useless anyways since in a modern pc the thing that has inedequate cooling is most likely the GPU