What OS/distribution is most suitable for an 11-year-old girl?

What OS/distribution is most suitable for an 11-year-old girl?
Asking for a mother.

Attached: 1653296911319.png (743x900, 511.58K)

linux mint, it's easy and just works

I'll agree but only because it physically hurts me to say chromeOS

Nakadashi OS

fpbp and /thread

nakadashi, marry

well that depends
does she noa lot about technology

yes. whenever someone asks something non-specific like that mint should be your default answer.

Windows. Don’t abuse the poor child.

>windows
Don’t abuse the poor child.

Look, I’m a macfag, but let’s be real, she probably already knows how windows works and has to use it at school. If she wants to install any software, it probably exists on windows. If she needs help, most people know about windows. It’s the pragmatic choice.

Whichever, She's not going to maintain everything herself anyway so an adult would need to intervene if something breaks anyway.
Though realistically the answer is probably Windows, just because this is what she's going to be using in schools.

Stop indoctrinating children into being NPCs. If you want your children to know shit you wanma give them something that will make them learn.
Also giving winshit to kids is a good way to have the machine infected with a load of malware.

>Stop indoctrinating children into being NPCs.
She's a girl, so she's going to grow up to be an NPC regardless of what you do.

ChromeOS

Some flavor of Ubuntu or Mint.
>she probably already knows how windows
Are you implying that kids Noa lot about computers? No one is born with knowledge on how any OS works.

Attached: 77959819_p0.png (2035x2099, 2.24M)

My recommendation for children right now would be a Raspberry Pi 400 with Raspberry Pi OS (it's rather close to stock Debian at this point).

If she already has a computer though, I do tend to agree that Linux Mint is a great distro.
Other than that, I'd highly recommend Fedora (which could even serve as a pathway to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, should she ever want to go that route).

Whatever you do, don't give her Windows or ChromeOS spyware.

No matter what she uses in school, she can surely pick it up there and elsewhere anyway. I know I did. I wouldn't underestimate the intelligence and adaptability of children. Unless, you know, your daughter is retarded like half of Any Forums.

Plus, if she wants to, she can eventually do some funky shit like running virtualised Windows on KVM or some such.

Attached: 1634364252275.png (225x51, 2.78K)

noakadashi

nakadashi, nakadashi

>Don’t abuse the poor child.
you can safely assume that's already happening, regardless of the OS thing

Enjoy your outdated packages user