How hard is it to make your own coding language

I wish to make my own coding language. but how difficult is it to do so?

Attached: segasaturneye.jpg (320x180, 9.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8cXl2Tfhy_Q
wy-lang.org/
craftinginterpreters.com/
github.com/codecrafters-io/build-your-own-x#build-your-own-programming-language
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=8cXl2Tfhy_Q

do the janitors make these threads themselves just to incite the 4channel.org/g userbase?

Well ill look at this. But another question can I use my own language to make said coding langauge? Like for an example lets say I wanted to make a coding language with Chinese. Could I do that

wy-lang.org/

Nope Im serious. I wish to make a project that would change the coding base as a whole really.

You want to write a compiler. First, you'll have to write it in a language that already has a compiler. Then you can compile your code with that. Then you improve your compiler to the point that it can compile a compiler written in your language.

craftinginterpreters.com/ is a decent place to start if you want to make a dynamically-typed, interpreted language. If you want compilation to native code, it will be substantially more complicated.

Heres the problem with that. The language I want to use has nothing on it. I dont mean to make you mad this probably will. But I wish to make a revolutionary project with a language that isnt very well known.

At a bare minimum you need to understand:
>regular lexing
>recursive descent parsing
>how to write a garbage collector, assuming you don't want to write a manual memory management language

If you really insist on using a language with no preexisting available toolchain to implement your new language, the only route available to you is to write a very primitive compiler for your host language in pure assembly, iteratively bootstrap it until it's usable, write a compiler for your new language in the host language and compile it with the compiler you already wrote, and then iteratively bootstrap that. To simplify matters, I suggest you take the obscure preexisting host language out of this occasion, and just directly write and bootstrap a compiler for your new language starting from assembly.

Here's a list of guides for writing programming languages.
github.com/codecrafters-io/build-your-own-x#build-your-own-programming-language
I suggest starting with 'write yourself a scheme', then try to write a minimal C compiler with one of the other guides on there. You'll learn the very basics of what you'll need to write a full programming language. You'll also need to decide if you want your language to be interpreted or compiled to machine code.

>coding language
What do you invent bullshit terms retard?
>87049859
>a project that would change the coding base as a whole really
What the fuck are you talking about?

That's for you

bot thread

>I want to design and build my own HVAC system from scratch, even the components.....anyone got 10 separate component factories around the world I can use?

another classic case of "if you have to ask, you don't have what it takes". you don't just go into straight making a language. you first need to appreciate multiple languages and all the different paradigms and learn about them first, learn what makes them the language that they are and how they are different from others.

The fact you're asking this question means you should stop now and never enter the field of computer science. If your CS program was any decent you made a basic interpreter in your 3rd year. Or are you just some dumbass "gamer" who heard about programming from your favorite eceleb?

I need to fucking leave this retarded place holy shit

I'm not even into programming, but my 1st question would be
do you even know x86-64 assembly, or ARM assembly language?

Or at least take a logic design class. Like it's not hard to make a new to make a new language, but it's hella hard to make a language that's worth using vs all of the languages that exist.

In the Temple(OS) you will find your answers.

Attached: COMPILER_FUN.gif (842x654, 2.22M)