To the C# shills

If you truly want to use the best language and not the widespread broken standard as you claim, then you should stop using C#. C# is an excellent language which, i admit, is way ahead of Java. Probably even better than Kotlin in some cases even though i personally believe they're on the same level.

But C# it's not (and will never be) better than Scala. It's not better than Clojure. It's not better than Swift. If you truly want to use the absolute best language, then C# isn't it. It's neither the absolute best nor the most widespread so why even use it?

Attached: download (2).png (212x238, 4.56K)

Honorable mentions: Go / Rust

im learning rust and it really is better than c#. im still employed to write c# code though so...

What version of dotnet does your company use?

I won't dispute any part of this except
>It's not better than Swift.
It's better than Swift purely by virtue of being usable on platforms other than OS X.

but C# has c-like syntax for babbyducks who know java and c++ to learn quickly

Nah, only Windows is ignored. You can use Perfect (backend Swift framework) for Linux servers.

>linux support is only for supporting mac machines from a server

Wtf are you smoking. Linux support as in build your entire server side application + API on linux.

Swift also has a C-like syntax user.

isn't swift made for closeted trannies? at least rust is made for actual trannies

Not as much since you can't take loops or function headers and copy and paste from java to c++ to C#

>judging languages based on human stereotypes
I think that's a very dangerous path to take for a C# user. And also, you're NGMI.

I already know the best language (pic related). I'm also prejudiced against C# because it's from Microsoft. But I still want to learn it, because this:
>nor the most widespread
is blatantly wrong.
I've used C# briefly, I may have a distaste for its origins but I know I definitely wouldn't *hate* the language itself. So a job using it would be tolerable. And I know there are fucktons of jobs out there where I'd be using it if I could get in the door.

Attached: 800px-D_Programming_Language_logo.svg.png (800x606, 167.16K)

>C#
>has extension methods which add behavior to a type, since it's impossible for the type's creator to predict and handle every use case
>can't have extension interfaces that add shared behaviour to multiple types
Traits are so much better as an abstraction it's not even funny

kek that's true, but at least c# is comfy asf

>interfaces that add shared behaviour to multiple types
is combining generics with extension methods impossible?

It is possible.

Python is coomfier

>t. Likes to make his life harder
Let me guess. You use Gentoo

D is Irrelevant abandonware.

Actually it's still regularly worked on, last release was 2 weeks ago

>If you truly want to use the best language
I don't. I want to use the one that lets me get shit done with the least amount of effort so I can retire and stop coding with street shitters and turbo trannies all day.

What's that language?

Still an abandonware since no one uses it.

Right now C# because 99% of our entire codebase is in it.

That's not how that word works.