Pens and mechanical pencils

What writing instruments does Any Forums use?

wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki//ppg/_-_Pen_&_Pencil_General

Attached: 1653180588679.jpg (3024x2035, 944.22K)

I've recently bought a Pilot G-2 gel pen, but don't like it much.

My unijetstream is so inconsistent and slippery

Try the V5 RT

what's wrong user

any advice on calligraphy?
my handwriting sucks, I want to improve it but everything I find is about lettering.
I don't want to make eyecandy, I want to have a better calligraphy.

My Kuru Toga broke after ~6 years of service, I've been using a normal pencil since and it's absolutely disgusting.
Now I don't know if I should buy another one or a Pentel Graphgear.
On a side note, the Kuru Toga seems to be super popular in Japan given how much special editions there are (pic related)

Attached: bac431c7cb12009f47f099aa3797eeea.jpg (1024x1024, 173.96K)

>I've been using a normal pencil since and it's absolutely disgusting
What a fucking pleb. Meanwhile pic related just came in the mail and it is lovely. Glad I saved all my stubs over the past couple of years.

Attached: 900-25_holder1.jpg (1083x548, 70.88K)

These, today.

Attached: 20220522_105642.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Opus 88 Picnic with a fine nib inked with Platinum Carbon Black most of the time. Sometimes Noodlers Bad Blue Heron. Don't know why I ever bothered with Ecos, Japanese-style eyedroppers are the superior fountain pen. Lamy Safari as a backup fountain pen and a Pilot G2 in case I need to sign receipts with carbon paper.

Kuru Toga for when I need a pencil.

Why do weebs keep falling for the kuru toga meme?

>4 turns to remove a cap
china quarity onry 100 dorra prastic pen that cant write on most papa

its like $8 and actually good, especially the advance. you get much more legible writing and diagrams.

Bros, 0.5 or 0.7?

>needs a backup fountain pen cuz fragile
>needs a rollerball that's 99% the same to do most things a pen is still mandatory for (and always provided to you because it's not the 20s and people no longer "EDC" pens (i almost turned gay writing that))
>$80 to $120 for a chinese made two part plastic tube with a rubber tipped metal stick that screws in and out on one end and a nib on the other
>cap comes off in 4 turns when a $0.001 plastic water bottle manages a good seal with 1.25 turns
Fountain pen fags I hate to say it but you're morons. A cheapo fineliner feels almost 100% the same and is more practical. If you're really autistic just get a $3 chinese pen, they work fine for what is essentially a gay, purely aesthetic hobby item.

Attached: chinapens.jpg (1000x940, 107.34K)

Luxury goods = artificial price stratification. If you want the meme pen with the minor and nearly irrelevant improvement but good it has to be $1000. Why? Because if it wasn't $1000, you wouldn't be able to justify buying the $1000 pen!

0.5 is fragile, annoying to refill, and doesn't write a notably finer line.

I haven't written a single thing in 5 years

fountain pens are actually really, really stupid and offer nothing over cheap modern shit besides the ability to refill them for the cost of tossing an old pen buying a whole new one - unless you use specialty nibs like vintage gold flex, italics, obliques, etc.

>inb4 waste
not a problem with the concept, a problem with the materials. most plastics can be recycled. the problem is the dated 20th century style "pen refill" is basically a whole pen and it just goes into a sleeve. a recyclable pen would just be an ink reservoir with a tip. you'd pull the tip to throw away and recycle the other 99% of the pen. way less waste than all the tissue paper fountain pen fags go through.

I am ignored

Attached: Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 17-54-30 fit - FPH - Fat People Hate - Fitness - 4chan.png (137x110, 16.62K)

Works on my paper

It's fun to write with. Same reason a lot of fags here use Arch Linux. They'll never admit it and try to hide behind their "customizability" and "muh minimalism" but really nobody "needs" Arch or fountain pens or mechanical keyboards since all their functions can be replicated by more practical tools.

For me, it's the Pilot G2