Why is it that every refrigerator I've ever had in an apartment/my parents house/friends houses has the fucking freezer...

why is it that every refrigerator I've ever had in an apartment/my parents house/friends houses has the fucking freezer on the top? Shouldn't they all have them as a top-loading drawer on the bottom so all the cold air doesn't immediately tumble out when you open it for 2 seconds?

Attached: file.png (1002x881, 1.1M)

>Shouldn't they all have them as a top-loading drawer on the bottom so all the cold air doesn't immediately tumble out when you open it for 2 seconds?
Convenience wins out

it's probably cheaper that way

Cooling air isnt actually that hard to do, especially if your freezer is relatively full of stuff.
Losing a bit of air doesnt actually matter all that much.

The true question is why don't we have refrigerator oven hybrids. Refrigerators expell a shit load of hot air.

Attached: 1549976073800.jpg (370x527, 114.41K)

Well at least in the winter it's an inefficient space heater.

Higher end fridges actually have the freezer at the bottom as your supposed to be using your fridge more often than the freezer.
People who find the freezer up top more convenient are more than likely people who need to eat better

Yeah I meant the top loader. Convenience isn't really the issue though but space.

my freezer is at the bottom but growing up it was the other way around. it changed because it is actually more efficient? i dont find either way inconvenient at all

While we are on the topic of freezer equipped refrigerators I would like to express my immense gratitude. Refrigerators (the compressor) work hard every day to keep our foods edible. Built tough as nails, they'll never die.

mine periodically makes a loud like 5 Hz thumping noise for several seconds. what's up with that? am I going to die?

Attached: deep fried ice cubes.webm (268x326, 909.62K)

lesson learn
do not fry the ice it get mad

Here's the truth: not at all. You've been tricked. Fridges are a literal scam. There is only one use case of cooling and that's to preserve produce that can't exist in other states, such as ice cream.
Think about it. How much meat do you eat raw? Probably none that you didn't buy on the day or the day before (which is going to be fine on the countertop for that long if you put it in a proper box).
For everything else you will be transforming the food. Do you put salt in your meat? Oh you do? Congratulations, you could put your meat on the countertop for ages by salting it the day you bring it home instead of putting it in the fridge.
Fruits and veggies? They survive just fine at room temperature. In fact, some go bad quicker if you put them in the fridge. So do eggs if you're not american (another scam by the way). Add canning and preparation methods that are now considered delicacies, like smoking or fermenting, and you don't actually need any fridge or freezer.

wtf is this shit? There are two doors. Left side is the freezer and the right side is the refrigerator.

If you're so concerned about cold air rushing out then just buy one of these and call it a day

Attached: 1629240576181.jpg (620x800, 40.05K)

>cut an onion
>user says I should let it go bad quickly by storing it at room temperature
kys retard

>how to get off work with one simple trick.webm

>what's up with that?
I have no idea
>am I going to die?
Yes
It is absolutely necessary to put raw meat into the fridge or freezer to prevent contamination. Fruits and veggies can remain in room temperature for some time, but eventually mold and other contamination will occur. I personally buy my fruits frozen. Believe me, they are ultra fresh.

No, it should be either prepared for further use (e.g. cooked and stored, coufit'd, salted, etc.), or it should be canned.

No you fucking retard. Here's what I'm going to do. I will slice what I need and then put the rest in the refrigerator which is extremely efficient and cheap and also keeps the food fresh longer.

>It is absolutely necessary to put raw meat into the fridge or freezer to prevent contamination.
Exactly the opposite. How do you think sun-dried meat works?
Moreover the point is you should prepare the meat for further processing. You don't eat the meat raw in the first place so it makes no difference, except for tasting better than usual from proper preparation from a fresher product.
Of course fruits and veggies won't hold indefinitely at room temperature, but freezing them greatly decreases their nutritional contents so you're better off just buying them more often.