What is the best programming language for cross-platform gui applications?

What is the best programming language for cross-platform gui applications?

Attached: pepe_hmmm.jpg (225x225, 8.33K)

C# using .NET MAUI

It doesn't support linux

Attached: linus_pepe.png (800x1113, 27.14K)

JavaScript

no one uses linux for the gui

Attached: 1653075872039.jpg (657x527, 33.23K)

Python + qt

I do

Attached: java.png (702x663, 104.52K)

But Python is le slow

Common Lisp + qt (qtools)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Unironically JavaScript if the web works for what you want. The web works on just about anything especially if you care about mobile at all
I've also found HTML/CSS much simpler to use than any other GUI I've tried to make peronally

JSX

>functional programming
> + 1 3
no, thank you

You have two choices. C# with dotnet MAUI (but no support for Linux). You can also use Avalonia with support for Linux. If you use MAUI you can write your UI in Blazor and use that code for your web UI instead of Javascript.

The other obvious choice is Javascript with React, React Native and Electron but i'm not a fan. There's also Flutter that is truly cross platform but it's shit on the web. >I've also found HTML/CSS much simpler to use than any other GUI I've tried to make peronally
You never tried Flutter did you. Flutter shows you how unnecessary complex and convoluted React and JS are. It also gives you more control over the UI than HTML/CSS but that's marginal since most people don't need more control to begin with.

Attached: electron-platform.png (1600x1604, 34.14K)

Just use Flutter. It's easier to code, faster to deploy, doesn't fuck your RAM like Electron and barely 15% slower than native Java or Swift on mobiles. Now available in production Alpha release for Linux and MacOS too.

lol, no cuz picrel

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-05-21 11-30-24.png (834x554, 62.55K)

Electron

>Not the easiest.
>Not the most productive.
>Not the most powerful.
>Not the most reliable.

Why even consider using it? Why not use Flutter, Tauri or MAUI?

>>functional programming
Common Lisp haters have no idea what they are hating once again.

Nope, never used flutter and avoid React and other JS frameworks too when I can. Just HTML with vanilla JS and CSS is more than fine, though I will sometimes use bootstrap.
I was referring moreso to actual websites than electron, though if you need something "native" electron works if very bloated.

>Nope, never used flutter and avoid React and other JS frameworks too when I can. Just HTML with vanilla JS and CSS is more than fine, though I will sometimes use bootstrap.
I suggest that you try it then. You can just install the SDK and start working. The learning curve is non existent in Flutter's case. I would be impressed if you still consider JS/CSS/HTML to be a viable alternative after that.

Haxe

win32

>Common Lisp
>FP
retard

>cross-platform