The new 1060 6GB of this generation just arrived!

The new 1060 6GB of this generation just arrived!

I now understand why amd being open source is a big deal. It's so nice just to plug your card in and have it fully functional.

Unigine benchmarks pictures coming next.

Attached: dual.jpg (1500x972, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/HIP/blob/develop/docs/markdown/hip_faq.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: gtx1060.png (2045x1277, 2.85M)

rx6600 DOUBLE the performance. This is the amdgpu/mesa stack included in oracle linux, not the amd provided one. That actually scored a little lower 14077.

Attached: RX6600.png (2048x1281, 2.86M)

This is what lmsensors picks up.

Attached: sensors.png (605x228, 18.93K)

>(CUSTOM)
Use standard settings to get meaningful numbers that can be compared to benchmarks posted online.

I was just using it to compare my two cards, but that's a good idea. Both of the cards would likely have given nearly stock values since they're both standard models.

also no problems with gpu passthrough

Why would you run an amd graphics card on linux? It just doesn't make sense at all. You don't play games on linux, so at best you only need an igpu. The only case you need a gpu card on linux is you run deep learning which requires nvidia cards because of cuda. If you're thinking about multi-gpu passthrough for virtualization then you shouldn't. Just dualboot or run 2 PCs.

Here's an official one, but I ran the others with nothing else open so a little lower is expected.
Plenty of games on steam.
AMD has HIP:Heterogenous-computing Interface for Portability which can convert cuda code, but I haven't looked into much.
github.com/ROCm-Developer-Tools/HIP/blob/develop/docs/markdown/hip_faq.md

Attached: Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_14164_1652929925.png (2048x1280, 1.57M)

>I haven't looked into much
Because it's non-functional. Everyone who works in ML/DL fields knows amd ecosystem is a joke

Forgot to say
You'll never be able to play games with Easy anti cheat on linux

In 2008 the HD4670 1GB GDDR3 was MSRP $80
In 2012 the HD7770 2GB GDDR5 was MSRP $100 They are equivilant to the RX6600/GTX3060 of today which is $500 to $1000 MSRP not including scalping, markup, tax/vat ect... Even at MSRP the graphics card and new PC parts market is a big anti trust RICO scam. I recommend everyone buy nothing until you can get modern low to mid range cards for $80 to $120 again

Multiplayer games suck

I play games on linux without issue. Even new releases like elden ring woeked perfectly on launch day.

Elden ring has EAC and multiplayer works fine on my linux machine. On day one even lol

enjoy playing single player games
playing without it doesn't count because not every games let you bypass eac that easy

I'm not much of a gamer, but everything I have on steam or battle.net works fine on linux.

good for you
but I don't want to risk when a new game comes out and I can't play it on linux

I bought a 6600 last month and I am very happy with it

youre such a piss baby dude holy shit lol

When will that be I am running an r9 270 right now