Learn to code yourself! it only takes 6 months to learn...

>learn to code yourself! it only takes 6 months to learn, companies are desperate for good coders and will look past your lack of cs degrees
>don’t do bootcamps! theyre a waste of time and companies will hire those with cs degrees over you
which is it?

Attached: 121D1227-8888-4B15-B438-49FBB19B0A99.jpg (654x368, 27.62K)

the same thing is to learn so just keep learning and when you think you are ready go find a job.

Not sure but like 80% of positions I see pop up in my country has a degree as a requirement.

well obviously to learn from good sources.
read some good books, that aren't just monkey see monkey do.
that's what I'd do, but i don't know I'm unemployed.

Learn from books

It shouldn't take you longer than 2 days to become a functioning programmer. You don't need a degree and you don't need a bootcamp, you just need motivation

And clearly, if you're asking this question, you don't have motivation. Why are you even on this board?

learn your shit then lie on your resume

do anything to put yourself out there, stop listening to crabs in a bucket

YouTubers say this to waste 6month of your time for their revenue

Both. Companies are more likely to hire a newbie with a cs degree but it's only true for newbie with no work experience.
CS degree is a waste of time too. Most people with cs degree will tell you they used about 10% of what they learned.
In the end the most important part is actually practising coding.

>It shouldn't take you longer than 2 days to become a functioning programmer.
no, learning syntax is not programming.

>learn to code yourself!
you aren't the target audience of this message. vladimir and pajeet are.
without a degree, you're in the same bucket as they are.
they can work for $10k/yr. you can't.

even if youre a poorfag, you can go to college with loans. pajeets and europoors can't afford it because of higher interest rates.
get. your. fucking. degree.

all I got out of university was burnout, at least the tuition was free

you're from Germany by any chance?

no but neighboring country

Europoors have free colleges, retard.

So you don't understand the difference between learning something yourself vs paying other people to teach you?

The fuck you mean higher interest rates. I got my degree from a top European university and all I had to pay was the tuition which was less than 1k euro a year.

The issue isn't that i can't learn it. Obviously it's easy to learn. But will simply telling the recruiter that "I've learned everything" and expecting a job with no experience and no degree doesn't seem like it'd work. How do I demonstrate I know how to do stuff if I don't have a degree or work experience?

If it has a similar apprenticeship system to Germany, try to go that route.

You have to learn to code yourself, and ALSO get a CS degree. That is to say, the degree is necessary but insufficient to get a job.