be me, charter spectrum customer

> be me, charter spectrum customer
> internet goes out momentarily, regularly for months (1 to 10 times a week)
> many of my neighbors had same problem, some of whom switched to AT&T or CenturyLink
I would switch too except when it works it's the fastest of the 3
> dozens of collective service calls from Spectrum technicians in neighborhood, every time they say nothing is wrong
> later on it comes out that neighbor 4 houses to left of me had a shitty RCA Walmart TV that was backfeeding 100s of volts into their cable TV set top box

Coax is shitty technology, when are we getting rid of it

Attached: 20220429_150519.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

>2012 +10
>Still not fiber connection
What the fuck, even third world countries have widespread fiber now

astoundingly based

>> later on it comes out that neighbor 4 houses to left of me had a shitty RCA Walmart TV that was backfeeding 100s of volts into their cable TV set top box
Jeez

As a rural,southern, redneck, retard. I have FTTH. HAHAHAH.

kek
i pay $15 for gigabit fiber with no datacap

Attached: B2ybIrWvSC.jpg (850x1184, 119.46K)

AT&T?

Mods, please do the needful and rangeban india

you pay using dollars?

all you really had to do was wait for a thunderstorm and pound a pole next to the box. alternatively just get a shitton of tannerite and blow it in the middle of the night.

years ago US taxpayer give 400 Billion dollars to cable companies and they nicked it

> later on it comes out that neighbor 4 houses to left of me had a shitty RCA Walmart TV that was backfeeding 100s of volts into their cable TV set top box
you 2 really believe this? The number of things that would have to go wrong for "hundreds of volts" to backfeed is astounding. If it actually happened it was done intentionally, not because of walmart or RCA. The most common reason for slow or intermittent cable connections is poorly made terminations or age. Some of that coax has been there since the late 1970's. Believe what you want, just don't believe everything.

Nah, it was invested in backhaul fiber, the fiber between datacenters and other ISPs to move data between providers more easily.

People THOUGHT that money would go to fiber delivered internet. It WAS spent on fiber, just not fiber for you.

In reality, our backhaul networks really needed the upgrade, so it was money well spent, even if that money had been spent on consumer fiber internet installations you'd be heavily limited in actual usable speeds if our backhaul networks were not upgraded.

We'd see the same issues Australia sees where they have fiber across most of their country now, but actual delivered speeds are highly dependent on the time of day and local internet congestion because all their backhaul fiber is super over subscribed and lacking in capacity.

Reminds me of when this lady's tv became the ground for her house. The internal damage to the tv was so bad you would get shocked just touching the coax port on the back of her tv even when it wasn't plugged in. They insisted their tv was fine then a few months later a tech got sent to their house and they incurred a penalty on their bill because it destroyed multiple converter boxes.

It’s wild how they will do everything possible to prevent just allowing new ISP startups

How does that even happen lol
Said neighbour told me after his last spectrum visit and said the tech told him he measured a ton of voltage coming out of the hdmi cord from the tv. It's been a few days but so far after neighbor got rid of tv no problems. So yes I believe it

I'm guessing the AC outlet the tv went to was using the tv as an alternate path to ground, or they stuck something long into the coax port and the barrel and core were making contact when a coax cable was plugged in.

I live a 15 minute drive from the city centre of a state capital, and of course, I don't have fibre

t. Australian

Coax is a fine technology.
You mean docis and your ISPs shitty cabling

Are there better standards than DOCSIS for this application?

could be worse

Attached: 1640701845840.png (1203x1181, 1.69M)