Tfw fully automated my remote 65k data entry job with python

>tfw fully automated my remote 65k data entry job with python
I just download some excel files every now and then and let scripts do their thing
Anyone else do something like this?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (336x188, 11.57K)

I would consider getting a new job on top of it if this really takes care of your work. Surprised your manager hasn't realized this can be automated yet.

What job so I can do the same?

Never ever let anyone know you've automated your job. Coworkers will ask you for help since "you're not busy", and management will try to replace you for someone cheaper

Based but don't let a word of this slip to anyone. I know one friend who automated his data entry job with Matlab but accidentally mentioned to his boss that he automated the whole thing. Instead of getting paid for 8 hrs, he only got paid for an hour.

Just don't tell anyone at work that you managed to do that or you'll just make your job obsolete.

tfw my 150k dev job has nothing to automate cuz i literally do nothing all day

>Instead of getting paid for 8 hrs, he only got paid for an hour.
should've sue.

kek

this. never tell ANYONE. EVER.

It was a volunteer position.

don't do this, just find a better job instead of burning yourself for Mr Keshav

>volunteer position.

Attached: 1474704_orig-2600167364.jpg (1071x604, 279.51K)

Now write it in a very obscure language. If this adds value, then they will not want to ire you to hire some high dollar "expert" in obscure language of choice.

same here, I just google new tech , write in a file and add it to our knowledge wiki lmao

Don't you people have ambitions? It may seem fine now, but what happens when tech evolves and you've stagnated for years lying and doing literally nothing?
I think you are not aiming for the true goal of financial independence and will remain in the pod.
I hope you are doing things on the side.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 01 [720p].mkv-00:07:16.png (1280x720, 761.21K)

>tech evolves
any time now.

Yep, and you'd better be ready for the college zoomers ready to out-code you for half the price if you want your comfy position forever

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 01 [720p].mkv-00:01:36.png (1280x720, 756.22K)

>what happens when tech evolves
I chose the tech stack that companies shift to when they actually become successful and need to scale, so, not worried.

>and you've stagnated for years
I have less than 5 years of experience and this is my 3rd job. I will probably job hop again in 1.5-2 years for another 20-50k bump in pay with similar wlb and benefits.

>lying and doing literally nothing
I read about new shit all the time and do little POCs with them so I can talk about them in interviews. I probably know 25x more than the average Any Forums poster regarding enterprise microservices architectures.

The one thing you can call me out on is that I will probably never get a job at FAANG/Big N because I've given up on leetcoding and am not interested in grinding anymore. Although I still have 250 questions under my belt so I can quickly review the basics if need be.

Good job then. I have nothing else to say but keep at it!
FAGMAN is overrated these days anyway except for resume clout, you can get much comfier positions elsewhere and aren't worked to death.

Attached: 1629682698174.jpg (1200x675, 80.23K)

>not scripting it to download the files too