Lutris

It simply doesn't werk on my machine
All installs fail. I'm disappoint
Talk about if you enjoy Lutris or not

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjasonevangelho%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F02%2Flutris-1200x875.jpg (1200x875, 45.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/wine-ge-custom
aur.archlinux.org/packages/dxvk-bin
aur.archlinux.org/packages/vkd3d-proton-bin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I used it to install Halo CE

Attached: halo.jpg (490x720, 353.73K)

I just install things manually. Too many of the install scripts are broken.

Used it once, didn't work (granted it was a cracked hotglued together japanese vn), steam and heroic cover most games anyways

johncena141 doesnt have this problem.

used it for WoW, Control, GTA5, Layers of Fear 2, Blair Witch.
It just werks for me

Installs fine on the distro I use, but I never got it to work well. Would constantly screw up wine prefixes that I had set up beforehand even when disabling all the extra settings for the game and runner.

I never used any of these bloat launchers like PlayOnLinux or Lutris. Just launch the exe in Wine like you would on Windows.

do you use regular wine or wine-staging?

Currently running aur.archlinux.org/packages/wine-ge-custom

Use bottles

one question, would wine-staging be enough or are there packages that are needed too besides the dependencies staging comes with?
was on the wine hq site and it says wine-staging is platinum for WoW.
And as you said, I don't want to use those bloated launchers if it works like this too

Attached: 1625557974339.png (774x581, 84.03K)

Since WoW uses DirectX you're gonna need one of these for the best performance:
aur.archlinux.org/packages/dxvk-bin (DX11 mode)
aur.archlinux.org/packages/vkd3d-proton-bin (DX12 mode)

Use setup_dxvk and setup_vkd3d_proton.

nice, thank very much!

Are bottles really better?

i use lutris for my pirates games, a lot of games have too many graphical errors if i run it with wine alone. never bothered with the automatic game installations, they are usually outdated

Use Bottles. The Lutris dev is a genuine retard

>The Lutris dev is a genuine retard
Is this software-related decisions or is it another gtard givin to much fucks about dev's personal views?

Like these Anons are saying, may be worthwhile to try Bottles instead. Lutris has been fine for me but I mostly just use it for the emulator plugins.
Also try using proton-ge-custom and maybe even wine-ge-custom.

thanks again but I didn't even need those 2 packages from the AUR.
man I still wonder why I have used those bloated launchers when everything works flawless with only wine-staging for me now lmao.

If you don't use DXVK or vkd3d-proton you're gonna be using wined3d which still works but is much slower. I would still recommend installing those.
>man I still wonder why I have used those bloated launchers
Yeah, I never got the point. Very few games still need complicated install scripts. At most you might need to install a few dependencies with Winetricks.