Why is this NOT called a "CPU Radiator"

Why not call it a radiator? Seriously.

Attached: CPU radiator.jpg (1662x1280, 441.63K)

Because it doesn't radiate, it clearly uses conduction and forced convection for close to 100% of its cooling.

Computer nerds like to name things differently to any other field to make themselves feel special and maintain their clique.
Someone probably suggested "radiator", but was glowered at because that's what everyone else calls them.

Just like a radiator.

Yeah that's what a radiator does.
Yeah well, I am a computer nerd and honestly calling it a heatsink or a heatsink + fan is just stupid. Heatsink doesn't describe the fan piece (which we all know) and then you have to say some extra shit that's literally included and expected to be part of the final product, which is a radiator. Hell if you have hybrid or water cooling it's a LITERAL radiator and not just merely what we call a radiator by convention.

Then they shouldn't be called radiators because they don't transfer heat by radiation.

>heatsink
Agreed.
>or a heatsink + fan
That's legitimate though - if "radiator" didn't exist, it would be a good second choice.

By that logic we shouldn't call the radiator on your car a radiator, and here we are.

>implying someone that autistic has a license, let alone a car

Attached: 1603313520169.gif (245x210, 1.29M)

Engineers are gay.

I worked at Google. You don't have to be a capable person to have a car and a home, just show up and chop lines for the Bergs.

Attached: rad.png (1236x253, 27.57K)

>autistic, contrarian - and completely wrong
Don't ever change, Any Forums.

who cares? is this how you spend your saturday?

Stay in school, you have no clue what the difference between conduction, convection, and radiation is.

> is this how you spend your saturday?
It's saturday?

Because "radiator" originally meant a heater used in buildings. Why the fuck did carfags use the term for a cooler?

ITT retards that would argue over the semantic definition of a sandwich. congrats on your room temperature IQs brainiacs

Why dont we call fans windmills? They COULD be used as generators.

>conduction
When I strap your autistic ass to a car battery.
>convection
How you cook internally when I throw a flamethrower at your autistic ass.
>radation
How you slowly cool down in the vacuum of space when I flush your autistic ass out the airlock.

I don't know about you, but at least when it comes to AIOs, I refer to the part they had the fans on it as a radiator, but that system is far closer to a cooling system on a car to be fair, as opposed to having the metal fin mesh sitting right on top of a CPU, aka and air cooled system, where air cooled cars don't have a radiator either

Top fucking kek

Attached: 1563133653386.gif (352x303, 121.62K)

>he thinks a pop-tart is a sandwich

Attached: sandwich alignment.png (1200x628, 682.57K)

Attached: 1533855881008.gif (219x186, 1.76M)