Daily standup meeting runs an hour and a half over

>daily standup meeting runs an hour and a half over

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 2.50.24 PM.png (664x619, 475.59K)

How does this happen? Are there just a shit ton of people in the meeting? At my job standup takes 10-15 minutes.

5 words user:
"sounds like an offline conversation"
Also
>he doesn't get no-meetings fridays
PepeLaugh.jpg

Thats 6.5 hours left for work. Easy daily quota IMO.

With my current team if we run over 10 minutes it is always called out and acknowledged as an issue

But I know your pain I've been there

>he works 8 hours a day

Attached: 1579990638419.gif (800x430, 564.42K)

Ours is literally the scrum master calling our names in order, we get 30 seconds to explain what we did, what we'll do today, and if we have any blockers, and then he just says
>okay, moving on to _____
Never heard him say anything else.

I would not accept this

>Ours is literally the scrum master calling our names in order
Based. We have to play this humiliating game of remembering who has spoken and who hasn't so we can call out the next person.

Eventually you get over it, you realize the meetings are mostly bullshit, the real reason for the meeting is so no work gets done. Everyone still goes home at 4/5/not at all on Fridays. Who cares. Getting that check is what matters. Free your mind homie.

The hardest part about my job is coming up with bullshit to say in the meeting. Sometimes I straight up lie about work I didn't even do.

My negress scrum master (she is not certified) addresses every single concern on our calls. We have seven members on our team. Our calls are 45-115 minutes. I dream 9am

same

Yep, a bit of casual banter at the beginning too

how the fuck do you niggas manage that
my yesterday standup was 5 minutes long

>scrum master
Honestly a pretty good job, you peddle some bullshit to dumb middle management boomers then all you really do is make the wagies recount what they've done and you're good to go.

Throw in some charts and spreadsheets where line goes up, ideally with at least one axis labelled "actionability" or similar, to present to the boomer managers every now and then if you really want to fast-track to a raise.

>hey, I gotta drop and get on my tasks for today
>just send me an email or something if I miss anything
I never get an email. I get my tasks done. Easy as.

our weekly meeting go to about an hour for about 9 people. why is everyone ITT saying they should be like 10 minutes?

Attached: images (58).jpg (700x300, 25.47K)

This, whoever's running the meeting (dare I say it, your scrum leader) sucks ass

A standup is daily not weekly, and it's supposed to be 15 minutes timeboxed so you can say what you did yesterday, what you're doing today, and any blockers you might have. The scrummaster takes note of the blockers and works with you offline to remove those.

A weekly meeting is more like something for a whole team or more than 5 people. Or even a monthly meeting with the team to discuss design, future projects, etc.