pastebin.com/n220xk9V

>Where to buy keyboards
mechmap.tech/themap
keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com
mechgroupbuys.com/keyboards
alexotos.com/keyboard-vendor-list/

>News:
Keychron Q3 is released.
Poorfags looking for 75% just buy NT75 or IK75.
Keychron Q5 for 96%/full size coming Soon:tm:
No, Ducky, Steelseries, Razer, Corsair, etc. is not good. You are paying for the brand.

Previous thread

Attached: 1652283274084.png (1168x613, 643.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yunzii.com/products/yunzii-keynovo-if98-hot-swappable-gasket-mounted-mechanical-keyboard
amazon.com/Tactile-Mechanical-Keyboard-Replacable-Switches/dp/B099ZC1YZF/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hako+violet+switches&qid=1652327479&sprefix=hako+v,aps,175&sr=8-4&th=1
input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/tactile/
epomaker.com/products/epomaker-680-gasket-diy-kit
aliexpress.com/item/1005003787162850.html
keychron.com/products/keychron-k4-wireless-mechanical-keyboard-version-2
aliexpress.ru/item/32908474287.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2rus
ebay.com/itm/265565841990?hash=item3dd4f52a46:g:erIAAOSwQThh20eP
aliexpress.com/item/1005002814589262.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.cf893c00Upmyni&mp=1
aliexpress.com/item/1005002844283618.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what's the go to TKL option for poorfags?

Keychron k8 pro. I don't even own a Keychron because I'm not a sodomite who collects keyboards but it ticks all the boxes. >Typed on my fully modded Tokyo60 with bluetooth adapter.
Fuck you wanker.

t-thank you

>Budget
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
red
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
65%
>Backlight
dont care
>Previous/current keyboards
corsair K70

Attached: 1593670126561.png (179x187, 62.6K)

Go fuck yourself. Have a nice day faggot.

Please enlighten me as to what's wrong with ducky.

No bluetooth, no qmk, no hotswap, chink spyware, gay looking logo, brand is literally called 'ducky', (((Taiwanese))) Republic of Ching Chong land. Did I miss anything else?

I'm gonna buy the tranny keeb onece the gb is open and there's nothing /mkg/ and (YOU) can about it (keycaps not included).

Attached: image0.jpg (2562x1601, 307.34K)

No, Ducky, Steelseries, Razer, Corsair, etc. is not good. You are paying for the brand.
lol stay with ur 1000ms latency chink shit ape

what's the gay display for?

Is that a 75% with a 7u spacebar? What is it called?

>Budget
200€
>Location
Euroop
>Preferred switch type
Tactile
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
65%-75%

Attached: jidf_032.png (505x459, 313.23K)

For whatever you want I guess but, I hope for the basics caps lock num lock etc.
It's called im+_meta from matrix labs I don't think there's even an IC

Attached: image2.jpg (2562x1601, 93.12K)

hey mkg I made this for another post but I thought you might like the heavy scoop action here

Attached: 1627234563122.webm (640x384, 2.11M)

>Poorfags looking for 75% just buy NT75 or IK75.
>kit is $100
what did he mean by this

Some user recommended the Keychron K4 a few weeks ago, and I just wanted to say thank you. It was exactly what I wanted.
I’ve changed the switches to Kailh Box Brown and put my DSA caps on there (as I am currently learning a non-default layout).

I think the punkston TH-61 needs to go on the pastebin. $40 60% mech with optical hot swappable switches and an option for reds, blues, browns, blacks, or yellows. (typing on yellows right now myself and they're fucking dreamy) plus the keyboards look great, have a detachable usb-c cord. come with a nice keycap puller and switch puller as well as a sample red, blue, brown, black and yellow switch.

I turned the RGB off but not before playing with it a little bit and I am actually surprised at how many functions it has. Normally with cheaper keyboards like this I expect either single color or fake RGB (keyboard divided into quadrants with a different color in each but they're static) but this has true RGB with super fucking bright LEDs and pretty much every RGB effect i've ever seen on any brand of keeb. gun to my head if i HAD to keep RGB on it would be the effect where each key you press stays lit up for 1.5s and then fades out, cycling through colors as it does.

Anyway just my $0.02 since i feel like a quality budget mechanical keyboard that's full customizable for $40 has a place on the pastebin

disregard, i suck cocks. i didn't realize it was a copypasta form to post here for recommendations. i just skimmed and saw the explanation of the budget section basically starting at almost twice the price of the TH-61 but now that i've read the whole thing i see that it's a form lol. most generals have a pastebin that gives actual reccomendations so i jumped to the concolusion that this thread had one as well.

Which keyboard does he use?

Attached: 1623689778256.jpg (1080x1266, 85.48K)

go back

if you want TKL i would say punkston tk-87. I can't say for sure if it's good but i can only assume its the tits because i am using the 60% version (my first 60% mech, i usually go TKL) and it's actually the most comfy keyboard i've ever used.

Make me, nigger faggot.

Model M

split steno

Attached: 1280px-SOFT-HRUF.jpg (1279x960, 270.81K)

Attached: p88 ingot.jpg (2000x1333, 723.44K)

you're not wrong though, it would help a lot if it had a rec section in the pastebin
I had to lurk for a week here getting all sorts of crazy recs until I finally settle for a sensible one

what does /mkg/ thinks about Elecom Trackball keyboard? based? glorious japanese switches? productivity endgame?

Attached: 1652281886682.jpg (600x450, 57.32K)

>Budget
under $200
USA
>Preferred switch type
I guess reds? I'm looking for something quiet
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
75%
>Backlight
no
keychron c1

Attached: 1642523349623.jpg (960x911, 47.59K)

Help, I keep hitting other keys when pressing the intended key on a dactyl.

I got the Tezarre TK61 few weeks ago, its basically the same keyboard as the punkston except the tezarre has PBT puding keycaps, I got it on sale with a 50% off coupon for 27$ lol. too good of a deal not to buy, just the switches worth more than that kek. I think the punkston also had a 40%-50% off coupon around that time for a shorter period of time.

>he fell for the dactyl meme

Git gud and don't use SA keycaps.

Thanks to the user who recommended me Bakeneko65. I didn't realize there was a 65% version and it looks just up my alley.
The flex still beats my stiff af current board and it sounds marvelous in reviews.

It's very dated by contemporary standards, and Ducky's claim to fame was having RGB effects that you can now get on a $30 no-name generic board. They have just recently learned that hotswap sockets exist, six years after their introduction to the market.

Attached: 1518222643936.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

consider the following

Attached: file.png (1514x705, 291.81K)

Attached: 1652310835744.png (860x649, 898.93K)

Attached: 1624261110517.png (734x714, 37.24K)

Nice facebook meme, grandpa.

MK870

reposting from a previous thread
>Budget
150€ (can shell out 50€ more if it will not fuck up within a fucking year)
>Location
Poland
>Preferred switch type
Linear/Tacticle. I don't want additional noise.
>Layout
ANSI.
>Form factor
Prefferably 100%,can downsize to ~80%.
>Backlight
It proves to be useful,does not have to have backlight,however.
K57
T25 keyboard
>Hate
a fucking corsair K57 FUCK FUCK
>you brought this upon yourself
Yes,except at the time I was traveling and I needed to buy something that would work(spoiler: it didn't,input lag on fucking cable and shits up dmesg about lagging behind)
Oh did I mention it's loud as fuck?
user you have a shit taste
Maybe I do have a trash taste since I never really got into keyboard autism,but those feel fucking great,at least for now.
I believe scissor switch is the name of the switch,it's still membrane though.
>Comments
It will be mostly used for typing. I do plan on gaming on it,however I doubt that you can go any worse than my current pic for my main battlestation FUCK FUCK FUCK
"Curved" keyboards are an option,too. (See UHK)
>I will not match your expectations.
Refer to the comment above.

Attached: stinkpad.png (1279x1211, 1.31M)

Seriously, RK84 is like $70 - $80 and at least comes with keycaps and switches. IMO it's the GOAT 75% for poorfags.

just went epomaker TH80/pro browns over Keychron K2v2 and RK84 because of the knob more or less.

how'd I do

Attached: 1649640557556.jpg (1032x450, 76.47K)

Bought this before they stopped taking more orders
yunzii.com/products/yunzii-keynovo-if98-hot-swappable-gasket-mounted-mechanical-keyboard
I will post when I receive it. Ordered black one with yellows but those are gonna get swapped out for Boba U4 silents. Might swap over the domino pattern key caps from my old keyboard (may it rip)
I will include my dog in the picture as prööfs
Bretty good. HOWEVER

Attached: 1525344088334.jpg (400x250, 18.34K)

Keychron k8 pro with gateron china joys. You'll have to wait for the Keychron til June though.

best 75% for 200 usd~? Preferably fully built already

See You save 90 bucks too for better switches, lube and better stabs. Caveat is you have to wait for June though.

Recently got this Niz Plum 84M-S with "Gateron 62g customized fence silver shaft" whatever that means. Amazing switches though, I changed from Cherry Blacks that I'd used for several years and it feels like the first time I used a mech all over again.

I hope I can be good at Starcraft now!

Attached: 220528166.jpg (2256x1600, 523.11K)

what is the lightest actuation force switch with a tactile mx brown feel?

preferably non-clicky

will these switches fit in the hot swap epomaker TH80?

I forgot the link amazon.com/Tactile-Mechanical-Keyboard-Replacable-Switches/dp/B099ZC1YZF/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hako+violet+switches&qid=1652327479&sprefix=hako+v,aps,175&sr=8-4&th=1

picrel the average hardcore /mkg/ enthusiast

Attached: 1645136854318.png (689x435, 50.04K)

Kit is still ~$50. What you're looking at is their updated one that's qmk/via compatible. Their older version that's basically the same material is half that price.

input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/tactile/
>Hako Violet
>Kailh Speed Copper

>preferably non-clicky

FYI, I've used Kailh Speed Copper keyswitches and they're about the loudest non-clicky tactile keyswitches I've heard.

Optical hot swap is useless. Not to say that's there's something wrong with optical switches, but the fact that there's no optical switch in the current market outside basic shit from gateron like blue/red/brown makes it pointless to have a hotswap if you're getting it for potential variety. As for LED, it's not something special. I don't think i've seen chinkshit not have extensive rgb cycles in years.

As for recommendations, it's pretty easy. Sub $60 use rk. Sub $100 use keychron. Anything above really requires anons to use a chart because there's too many options.

Fl980. Goes for $100 on ali for wired, about $130 if you want to go for 2.4ghz wireless mode. Blacklit, howswap, good build.

Definitely an upgrade over my GMMK

Attached: PXL_20220512_041739993.jpg (2688x1512, 813.99K)

If you don't mind secondhand, you can probably get a modded fullbuilt q1 or gmmk pro at that price. I remember an user posting about $160 gmmk pro from mechmarket last thread.
If you hate the idea of used, just go for ik75. Yeah there are bunch of options like acr75, mod007, nj80, th80, etc., but they're all pretty much same stiff shit. Get the cheapest one and mod it how you see fit.

That's just a regular 3 pin switch. Yes, it will fit the th80. Kinda insane to buy a $1 switch though, hope you know what you're doing.

wtf is wrong with your H and U key

I wasn't going to buy this one specifically, just wondering if the switch would fit -- first kb and all.

If you look at a picture of a switch and it has 2 or 4 metal legs, it'll fit. Or if description says it's "3 pin" or "5 pin", it'll fit. Just don't get things that say "optical" or "low profile" and you'll be good.

Probably just the keycaps. Glad i got them on sale i guess, Its not noticeable while typing.`

Ni/g/g/ers what is the difference between the new Gateron CJ switches with the normal stem and the box stem? Just the supports? Are the internals identical? I really don't want to look to reddit out of principle help a retard out. Thanks have a nice day.

Your ranting is pointless considering that it doesn't make sense for optical switches NOT to be hot-swappable. They do not require physical contact with the rest of the keyboard, after all.

what is it

nvm read the file

if gateron clears are the lowest actuation force, what's the middle ground between clears and reds?

I just bought this beauty for 99euro

Attached: file.png (800x800, 136.3K)

how are stock keycaps on the TH80, they're "MDA" PBT. do those feel good

I'm considering getting either an ergodox or a moonlander keyboard but i have fairly small hands. does anyone know whether they're ok to use?

Bump for interest I also want to know. 17.5 x 9cm manlet hands here any other recommendations for flat split ergos would be appreciated. Choc or MX, doesn't matter.

I've been using a ducky 65% for about 3 months and I swear every other key has started giving me double or even triple inputs. Apparently it's a common issue with their keyboards. What a piece of junk.

Why do people pay more for a less useful keyboard? The numpad is insanely more efficient and quicker when I'm doing many calculations or typing out a string of numbers. I also use the Home, End and Delete button and also some basic shortcuts using those keys a lot.

cant speak to the moonlander but FYI the ergodox thumb cluster is huge, I dont have particularly small hands but found that the two 2u keys were the only ones comfortable to reach. Iris cluster was much more my speed

Smaller keyboards let you keep the keyboard in a more ergonomic position for regular typing while still giving you proper space for your mouse. And just gives you more desk space in general. People who don't frequently deal with typing out lomg numbers strings might prefer the extra space.

Durgod Hades or Ducky One 3 SF? I like Durgod cuz of the sw

Become a Lily58God, you can have choc and mx hotswap.

>numpad on a layer
Salted.

What is the point of mechanical keyboards that don't use tactile switches? What actual benefit is there to them over rubber dome membrane keyboards?

separate numpad is best. Max mouse room when you need it, max utility when you need it.

congrats on taking your weabooism to the next level.

you shut up

I'm used to laptop keyboards so I prefer to keep using similar layouts. I bet I'm just as efficient with numbers without the numpad.
As for the Home, End, Delete buttons, my entire system is keyboard-driven (vim-like) so they're useless to me, since I have more convenient commands for that.

I just wished these boards had more aggressive pinky stagger and a sensible thumb cluster without hiding thumb keys underneath the same plane as the finger keys. Such is the curse of manlet hands.

>pinky stagger
It hit q easily with my pinky, still use ring for 1, and I don't have big hands.
>thumb cluster without hiding thumb keys underneath the same plane as the finger keys
I can see two and a half of the four thumb keys with my fingers on the home row and they are easy to press with my thumb. The fourth, under the X and C is not so good.

>Keychron k8 pro with gateron china joys. You'll have to wait for the Keychron til June though.
Seems like I will go with keychron
>Goes for $100 on ali for wired,
Is it chinkshit? If so that's a no,not because of just "muh tiny man",there are extra fees here for importing from china now. You could always dismiss that but I've heard aliexpress had major problems with that.

Any other suggestions?

Any other suggestions? Maybe something full size.

anybody ordered from kprepublic on aliexpress? how long you waited for your delivery?

How do you store your keycaps and deskmats, fellow comsooomers?

Attached: so many keebs.jpg (3024x4032, 1.56M)

yes
like 2 weeks (canada)

this is fucking pathetic

Attached: keeb incel reddit.png (930x1164, 851.99K)

Not responding to the mass highlight retard. He's seething.

Why is every single person with a mechanical keyboard like this?

I stuff them into a box in the back of my closet so im not so easily reminded what a waste of money this has been, but what on earth does someone need so many keychrons and deskmats for?

Does your amazon have it? Idk how it is in poland, but you're gonna have a very limited selection if you can get any chinkshit because this whole hobby has everything based in china.

Attached: 1625131853118.png (1143x386, 158.9K)

>but what on earth does someone need so many keychrons and deskmats for?
reddit upboart of course

Attached: cuck keebs.jpg (768x1024, 165.29K)

EPOMAKER 680 GB is live. Seems really good for $69. South facing, hot swap, QMK/VIA, gasket mount. If any anons are looking for a 65% under ~$130 full built, this is probably it.

epomaker.com/products/epomaker-680-gasket-diy-kit

looks nice, might buy it
do you know any good looking phantom keycaps to go with it?

dunno what phantom keycaps are.

look like blank keycaps until you turn on the light
probably only razer makes them so ill just look for decent rgb compatible keycaps

Attached: as.png (2659x927, 2.39M)

lmao wtf, what kinda person is just going to be turning their keyboard light on/off at random times just to get see the text go in and out? seems like a massive gimmick that's cool for like a week until you're over it.

well it's by Razer after all.

holy shit man

you never felt the warm touch of a woman
inb4. "i am a woman" YWNBAW

Attached: incel narcissist.png (1103x788, 115.93K)

tldr

I can't find the keyboard for me and I'm supper bummed.

what exactly do you want?

>filename
how is this any different from the progressive narcissist?
pic related was my third result when looking for "incel" on twitter

Attached: file.png (583x286, 108.03K)

I want exactly one of these two exact layouts specifically. The top one is the Leopold FC980M, except I also want it to be backlit. The bottom is a CM quickfire tk but they don't sell these anymore, and I also wanted clear mx switches. The Leopold isn't even in stock anywhere even if I decided I didn't care for the backlit feature. Why isn't this layout more popular? It's literally the best.

Attached: this.png (602x452, 328.85K)

Then there's this akko thing, but you need to buy both switches and keycaps for it, which make the price insane. One fucking switch is like 10-15 bucks what the fuck?

Attached: akko mod004.png (1067x635, 139.91K)

>established
>hobby is drinking cheap wine and job is fucking old men

They look like toys lol

aliexpress.com/item/1005003787162850.html

can't testify their quality but it matches your description

No it doesn't There' no F keys. I want F keys, and I specifically want the F key row to start right above the 2 key. I also wont order from aliexpress ever, and I also don't want lgbt rgb, although that can probably be programmed to be any color.

Here you go.

Attached: lurk moar.jpg (1278x652, 207.3K)

fl980

what about the keychron k4?
keychron.com/products/keychron-k4-wireless-mechanical-keyboard-version-2

how much should i pay for keycaps and switches?

What's with all this Flesports shilling lately?

Any Forums brain rot has made you interpret "word of mouth" as paid marketing

"Shilling" doesn't imply "paid marketing", underage faggot.

i can't be reading the things i'm reading right now

Attached: 1651092053121.jpg (622x574, 37.03K)

>how much should i pay for keycaps and switches?
You should pay whatever you think they are worth.
This is how a market of buyers and sellers forms.
If you find some caps and you think they're either cheap or a good deal, then buy them.
If you find some keycaps but you think that they are a rip off, then don't buy them.
This is why I am perfectly happy paying €350 for a full-size iso international layout in SA from signature plastics. Other people think I'm mad.

How many keyboards are too many keyboards?

Finally, someone else who uses the Ins/Del/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn block as much as me.

Keychron q6

Why is Epomaker so cheap? Is it a chink brand? Is the latency shit? I don't get it.

This looks good but it's Chinese and I can't find it for sale anywhere in yurop.

This layout is a big no.

So Anons, an user very kindly sent me a set of Keycaps about a week ago and me being a lazy retard, I forgot to post a review of the switches I got sent so, as someone with pretty fast and heavy typing hands and a deep hatred for MX Browns here's what I thought of each that were sent:

Tactile:
C3Equalz Kiwi - the Kiwi is by far my favorite switch, having that clear distinct actuation I thought browns were going to be with a nice weight in them around the 62g iirc? The sound is also pleasant to the ear, for the lack of better words the sound is soft but clear, it is everything I want out of a tactile experience.

Gazzew Boba u4/u4t - What I didn't expect however was to absolutely love the Gazzew Boba U4, even more than the thonkyness of the U4t, I feel like a shill for saying it's tagline, but it has the definition of a tactile feel but it's near and completely silent, and the noise it does make, is pleasant to the ear, I could imagine myself shit posting for a while with these switches in a keyboard and if I had to buy one or the other, I think the Boba U4s would have the slight advantage over the Kiwis.

Kailh Choc Brown (low profile) - The only dishonorable mention would be the Kailh Choc Brown (Low Profile), Whilst understanding it's appeal it has the same issues of the Cherry MX Browns which, whilst claiming to be tactile, very close to a sand filled linear to me. However, I clear am not someone who likes Browns.

Linear:
C3Equalz Tangerine - The Tangerine, whilst not to my taste makes me understand what a good linear switch should be, it is smoooooth and glides with your finger, yet it's clear when and where it actuates. If I played vidya 100% of the time, I could easily see it myself using these.

Gateron Milky Yellow - The Gateron Milky Yellow is shockingly... Vanilla, if you had a dictionary picture of Linear switches this would probably be it, It is probably the closest you'll get to the mean, median and mode of Linear switches.

Attached: 1556315199823.jpg (246x205, 7.59K)

(2/2)
Clicky:
Kailh Box Jade - And for my first time really trying a clicky switch with a sample size of one, the Kailh Box Jades, was really fun to play with, having a loud but clear clicky clonky sort of sound and clear point when it's actuated, with the weight being good to my fingers.

So now I just need to find a keyboard chassis and a set of caps I think I'm gold, also sorry about the formatting, it looked far better on my monitor.

>Budget
under 100 Euro
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Tactile is alright
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Yes
Rubberdome keyboard

You have about the exact same switch preference as I do minus never having tried tangerines good taste retarded frog poster.

they're all chinkboards, user. unless you're talking about geonwork, leopold, topre, and a few others, everything else is chinkmade. epomaker is pretty much exposing how overpriced everything about keyboards are.

I'm getting started, anons

Attached: file.png (882x1205, 1M)

>>Layout
>ANSI
Just what kind of European are you?

an european that prefers ansi?

so a fat european?

says the amerimutt

i'm a normal european

>hey, recommend me a keeb with these features
/mkg/:

Based.

Attached: 1624232132292.jpg (1387x702, 79.63K)

Where can a Canadian get a bunch of 2u stabs for cheap?

What are you making fren?

Attached: solder.png (741x593, 307.21K)

redox media split keyb

Attached: file.png (1920x929, 1.6M)

Mental.

thanks, m8. It'll be 100% handwired

Which knobs are you putting on it?

wdym? encoder nobs or metalic buttons?
I'll use 3d printed parts for encoders and these buttons from china
aliexpress.ru/item/32908474287.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2rus

Dope. I am considering buying a set of pudding caps for my punkston lol. Found a 60% set for $15 on the 'zon, but I have a $10 coupon from checking out the pilot for Wheel of Time a while back and answering a survey and I still haven't used it yet so I think i'll use it for $5 pudding caps. I didn't know about the Tezarre at the time otherwise I'd have bought that, but I'm basically getting the same keeb after buying the caps for less than the Tezarre non-coupon/sale price. The only complaint I have about the punkston is the same complaint I had about Redragon a few years ago: the default caps have a really shitty gaymurr font. The pudding caps I'm looking at have a very sedate normal looking font. I mean, I am a gamer, but I purposely buy shit that doesn't advertise it with gaymurr aesthetic. my main machine is an asus zephyrus G14 laptop because it doesn't look like gamer shit, it just looks like a normal 14" white laptop. So I got the white punkston, a white razer orochi v2, and i am still picking out a nice white bezel'd display for a minimalist desk setup. so the pudding caps will go perfect with it because they're so clean looking and lack gamer aesthetic shit.

is there such thing as vaporwave keycaps with simsun pbt caps with japanese subs?

Attached: 1652041908999.jpg (1024x806, 181.07K)

Epomaker and their affiliates like Akko, Ajazz, NiZ, etc are all chink boards that may work as intended but with poorer quality compared to other manufacturers, and often the case, they make some sort of compromise to heavily mark down their prices. This board in particular uses an acrylic case and clip in stabs. Their main target audience are often chinese or seamonkey gamers who don't have a lot of money, but would prefer buying something of slightly higher quality than razer shit.

How do you make small adjustments to your cursor while typing? Move your hand to the mouse every time or otherwise do multiple presses of the arrow keys? IMO a laptop is the best way to do this because you have the trackpad accessible to the thumb while your hands are still on the keyboard in home position while any other solution is going to require you to move your hands out of position. I know the nipple is another option but I never found it anywhere near as easy to control as a trackpad. Anyone use a dedicated trackpad with their keyboard right under the space bar?

Wait by Keycaps I meant switches.
T...Thanks user, honestly having this small sample sent out by the user makes me really want to make my own keyboard sooner rather than later.
It was unbelievably based user. Feel bad as Work has been unironically fucking me around for the last week so I forgot to respond or send him what I thought of the keys, just hope he sees this thread.

Mouse layer on my keyboard.

>Does your amazon have it?
Yes,actually I did check it.
Ironically enough it is much easier to get something from US through amazon than china.

Please respond to this post.

OK

I dunno.

He bought every single one of those keycap sets with the matching desk mat, it's not even a stupid use of money, most of that stuff appreciates in value over time.

is this fine? i've only used store bought prebuilts and not sure if i should just get the hotswappable k8

Attached: uhh.png (806x845, 122.68K)

I need to replace the space bar keycap on my keyboard. I don't care about aesthetics, my primary goal is a sturdy spacebar. I would prefer getting just the space bar but if there's an entire keycap set that are very sturdy and won't (seemingly) break like my current space bar then I'm all ears.

If you remember from a few threads ago, I am the user who had the space bar problem and I got new stabilizers as suggested but it did nothing towards fixing the problem, meaning the keycaps were the issue. I could just get replacement glourious keycaps but if they have an issue like this, after only about a year of use I would prefer getting a more reputable set of keycaps. My current issue is the space bar, if pressed on the side slightly too hard, will detatch from the opposite stabilizer and see-saw so the switch never goes down. This causes me no end of problems and in fact typing this paragraph was a complete pain in the ass. I'm not sure if the little plastic connectors are loose, meaning they need to be tighter, or if it's some other problem, but considering the replacement stabilizers did absolutely nothing in the way of fixing the problem I suspect it's the keycaps. Unless I need to lube the stabilizers, in which case I'll need to buy some of that instead.

Yes that is fine but wtf youre buying gat browns?

>Ducky One 3 SF
when is that thing coming out in non LGBT colors? should I wait or get a GMMK 2 or Royal Kludge RK68 now?

Attached: 1652614736483.webm (960x540, 2.79M)

bad? i play games but would love a minimum of clackiness. is yellow good? should i go with some other cherry clone or just get the real deal

name all programmable wireless boards please. qmk or via, prebuilt or custom, layout doesn't matter.

Attached: 1634257509787.png (699x600, 363.64K)

are you working on an airsoft prototype or is that a new billet for a frame because it already cracked?

how light is 35g actuation? can you still rest your fingers on the keycaps

Neither its just a spare manufacturing forging, an interesting curio, since its practically unheard of that forgings get out into the wild

Depends how big your hands are.
Dainty cutewrists posters should have no issue, but for an average male, I don't recommend less than 45g.

Ayo thanks ni/g/

Question:
I have a Ducky keyboard that friend gave me last year, I have never used it other than quick glance (it was pretty grimy), and I don't have it on hand to check the model.
All I remember was that it was grey and had a little square rubber (may have been plastic) tab left of the ESC key with the Ducky logo. Does anyone know what model it was? It was Cherry MX Reds.

Are gateron clears and gateron pro clears the same thing

Gateron Browns are okay but Gateron Pro Yellows are the absolute best budget switches you can get, get those.
Extremely light, you'd probably be able to actuate the spacebar by breathing on it. I wouldn't use anything below 60g personally but you might get used to it.
The ''Pro'' line has factory lube, and it's pretty consistent in my experience. No reason not to get the Pro version.

>fac lubed
I just ordered this and they're apparently lubed however my keyboard won't arrive for another two weeks at the earliest. Will lube dry up if I just leave it in the bag until the kb gets here

forgot link ebay.com/itm/265565841990?hash=item3dd4f52a46:g:erIAAOSwQThh20eP

Cheers I'll go with these, same price
aliexpress.com/item/1005002814589262.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.cf893c00Upmyni&mp=1

Krytox doesn't dry out, you'll be fine. Don't buy hand lubed switches in the future though, too expensive.
I would go with the 5 pin version since the MK870 has support for 5 pin switches.
aliexpress.com/item/1005002844283618.html

where does everybody get their switches from? I thought these weren't much more expensive than ones I saw on Aliexpress but they wouldn't take my payment method.

No stabs are better than wire stabs on backspace, enter, and shift keys! Wire stabs are too loose and rattly on those keys!

Mainly AliExpress or local vendors.
I found Gateron Pro Clears on AliExpress for around 32 cents a switch while those hand lubed switches you bought are around 76 cents a switch. You are paying more than double the price for a marginal (if that) improvement.

fuck, some reason Aliexpress either blocked my card or account from being used on their site. I didn't really have a choice

I guess the marginal cost increase could be viewed as faster delivery.

My soon-to-be nigger.
I'd rethink the switches though, but to each their own.

Attached: 20220512_230129.jpg (1512x851, 482.7K)

I'm adjusting the cart based on the recommendation for pro yellows above
looks nice man

was just looking at this keycap set, where'd you get your's

From AliExpress, specifically from KPRepublic. I've had really good luck with my orders from those guys, plus it seems that they periodically have sales.

i have an arcade button game controller project idea in mind and im thinking that using a keyboard or numpad PCB might be an easy shortcut. i was wondering if i decide to go this route and it's possible - what kind of ballpark input latency can i expect?

also any recommendations on a QMK PCB that could serve this purpose? I'm looking for USB-C, and the least latency possible.

>How do you store your keycaps and deskmats, fellow comsooomers?

In boxes, on the floor.

Attached: 20220512_221542.jpg (1024x1365, 169.55K)

Anyone know of some cherry profile ABS keycaps with a font similar to that of the AEK keycaps?

Attached: floral.jpg (3934x2950, 584.44K)

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_1.23.53_PM.jpg (939x498, 147.91K)

>Keychron k8
Keycaps are ABS, if you type heavily they'll be shiny in 6 months.

I return with my solution. A small piece of tape over each stabilizer and I'm back in action. I guess the stabs were too small

that's disgusting.

Heaps of Mac clones on Ali, not abs though.

How long should expect my order from mechanical keyboard to get here? Ordered a couple days. I live in south texas

Some of us use numpads still. I bought the Keychron K4 recently, and it is a compact design (96%) without losing the numpad.

Stop trying to police people’s preferences. Not everyone works with Excel every day.

Keychron - just get better switches right away

Does lubing get rid of scratchiness? I'm using Kailh BOX silent pinks and they're pretty decent but it's noticeable compared to what I had before (BOX reds).

It'll certainly help make the switch smoother. How much depends on what kind of lube, how you lube it, etc.

wouldn't I be forced to use those ugly keychron keys? every time I see a keychron keyboard it looks like shit. I hate the look. the fonts, the shitty color combinations (especially all the grey shit)

I'm not sure what keys are compatible. it's pretty overwhelming with all the options out there.
all I want is a silent keyboard in black without any grey (peak boring) or ugly colors like the entire ducky one 3 lineup

Attached: 1519356341285.jpg (613x587, 15.97K)

standard layout
put whatever ugly shit on it youw ant

any recommendations?

let's say I buy a keychron q2 and want black keys with a nice font, no meme colors or anything like pic related. two or three red accent keys are fine

Attached: 20220128_113230-800x450.jpg (800x450, 68.03K)

>black keys with a nice font
That depends on your definition of ''nice''.

the polar opposite of akko

Get GMK WoB.

looks alright, thanks

ISO os objectively worse than ANSI. Enter left shift are placed further apart for no real reason, it's a trash design. You don't have to be American to recognize that.

Oh, shit, I didn't know there was a 9009/GMK Laser clone in ASA profile. Suh-naaaag

Attached: 1629149815570.png (1475x420, 435.01K)

t. ducky salesman

This, honestly. You shouldn't wonder why chink boards are so cheap: you should wonder why almost everything else is so expensive.

Mechanical keyboards have been ridiculously overpriced for years, I'm glad that things are finally changing.

I don't know why I called it Laser but for some reason my brain went to it. I must've been looking at the Amazon page.

>user slowly discovers that compact keyboards aren't a meme after all