How far can you go using MacOS without a Apple account?

How far can you go using MacOS without a Apple account?

Attached: 1642492188331.jpg (1920x1080, 150.35K)

Don't you mean: _an_ Apple account?

Also, why would you want want to use Macintosh when you can use GNU+Linux?

You're required to login to the botnet during setup.

I'm using macOS with all apple.com, icloud.com (and the likes) connections blocked in the firewall (and router), never made apple account, never upgrading.
Works perfectly.

then why use a mac?

false
correct

never had an account. works fine.

No you are not.

Because the unix compatibility is good enough for me, I can use any dev tools, I have a windows 11 VM in parallels that i can duplicate for malware analysis, I have an ubuntu vm (i love kde) that i can duplicate for various stuff when needed, I can play Desperados 3, World of Warcraft (not anymore) and other games, etc.
It's good enough for me. And I get 10+ hours of battery.

macOS doesn't care about you logging in or even verifying that you're running legit hardware
I used to run macOS in a VM (with an ISO downloaded straight from apple), made no attempt to obscure the fact that I was running in a VM and still got all automatic updates from apple.
There are no login prompts, prompts for product keys, unregistered warnings or anything like that. Apple literally couldn't care less if you run macOS on unofficial hardware and never sign in.

You literally get the whole OS. You just don't get iCloud functionality which includes shit like Handoff. You can't install AppStore apps (like XCode). But you can use it entirely without an account.

do you use windows without a ms account or linux without a gnu account?

thought i was looking at my own bedroom for a sec

>(like XCode)
But does command line tools work? I'd need it for Macports

You can install "some" AppStore apps (not sure if it works with XCode) if you get someone who has an Apple account to download the app and archive it for you.

They do. You have a capable Unix shell using ZSH. You might want to look in to how to set up Homebrew without XCode command line tools though.

Because Linux is inferior.

You can do everything except use Apple services like iCloud.

Like 99%? The only stuff you're missing out is iCloud shit and XCode? I used to use hackintosh without  ID and didn't encounter any issues.

Yes, you can download the command line tools without the App Store. Also if you need Xcode you can download it from the Apple Developer website so you don’t really need the App Store.

Thanks guys. I thought Apple was so much more evil to their users compared to Microsoft.

MacBook is still kinda open. Their phones are the evil one. Hopefully the laptop stays open too but not sure if it'll last.

macOS is supposed to be open. For example, the kernel for macOS Darwin is open source, and some programs are too. The iPhone and iPad are supposed to be locked down. Although the EU is going to force them to open them up.

I think that would be a suicide for the Mac series, especially now more than ever. Most PC users are somewhat technical, and if  decides to lock down MacOS, the majority of the users will go back to Windows or switch to Linux.