Based LoRa

Utilizing LoRa with arduino nano's for property monitoring of animals, fences, water, barn climate, etc.

What is the most cost effective mini controller I can sub out the nano for?

Any of you built a gateway?? That's my next move.

Attached: esp32-lora-send-receive-test.jpg (1800x1187, 399.64K)

Very neat, post more

what's lora

This site has about 2.5 microcontroller owners and hobbyists. Don't bother.

Anybody managed to get Linux with no MMU on esp32?

lora deez nuts

Isn't /diy/ better for that?

I want to get a lora meshnet, fully knowing that it would be dialup speeds at best. Is there anyone in Indiana that's also interested in this?

esp8266, and wifi with yagis.

>t. he who knows

Worked on this in 2017, i think we just use arduino nano's at the time. I set up a raspberry pi to read license plates using a parking lot of our building and it would then use lora to communicate it back to the server. It was just experimentation though, because we wanted to make a package that will let people with remote parking lots without internetaccess possibilities be able to have a 'smart' entrance that's based on subscriptions.

oh shi you got me

what range could i expect from these? i (not OP) have maybe 15 hectares of land where i would like to put out some sensors in stuff like my beehives, owl nests, garage, gate, barns, cellars, well...
what would be a good solution of network structure as well? can you mesh these to extend range and coverage?

Attached: 1646196926059.jpg (946x920, 167.32K)

You can mesh esp32 but need complicated synchronization logic since can't be access point mode and connect mode at same time. Doesn't scale well.

Zigbee and their competitor, forgot the name, were made for automatic meshing and iot stuff. Not sure if there's any cheap ones for hobbyists.

for what purpose?

"guy with the swiss accent" on youtube got signal with an external antenna over 60 miles
you can mesh them and relay, they were intended for replacing lojack in vehicles before going open source

interesting
zigbee sounds expensive.. maybe esp32 would perform better than 8266 in a mesh configuration?
otherwise theres the bluetooth low energy or long range stuff
ok i will listen to the swiss guy and see what he has to say

and honestly, i dont need high bandwidth or low latency. i want sensor data and i want it reliably, a few times an hour maybe, doesnt matter if each update takes a minute or so to transmit.
network has to be dependable and so does the data transmission

I've been considering setting up a LoRa system for my local area, but I always put it off.
Even just making some fun project for the family members kids would be interesting, like some fun low-bandwidth game to get started.

>LoRa
> physical proprietary radio modulation technique
> proprietary
into the trash it goes

Hardware is proprietary, not the protocol

this will not be cheaper than a knockoff arduino with a LoRa module

> LoRa (from "long range") is the physical proprietary radio modulation technique.[2] It is based on spread-spectrum modulation techniques derived from chirp spread spectrum (CSS) technology.[3] It was developed by Cycleo (patent 9647718-B2), a company of Grenoble, France, later acquired by Semtech.[4][5]

fucking retard.