Rural internet recommendations

I have been trying to find a better method for getting internet in the country. There are no major isps where I live. However, there is great cell service. What recommendations does Any Forums have for configuring a cellular router to something like picrel? Would a 30ft coax be a bad idea in this configuration?

Attached: yagi.png (1289x622, 213.05K)

Just get the satellite service from that famous african.

It would probably not work well. I have a lot of very large sycamore trees that would probably block the dish. I do have direct line of sight to a few cell phone towers though.

UPDATE: looks like my options are limited. It appears that there are 2 towers within my line of sight. 1 is Verizon band 66 and the other is Verizon bands 66, 2 and 4. I am thinking about something like this modem, but definitely would consider better options.

Attached: MOFI5500_back_new_web-600x350.jpg (600x350, 26.79K)

Just get Starlink. Unless you literally live in a forest it'll probably work. There are enough satellites buzzing around that you don't need that large of an area with direct line of sight.
Cell Internet is pure cancer, avoid at all costs.

What speeds have you gotten with Starlink? I got 10mbps up with just Verizon tethering on my phone. I suspect with a Yagi it would be much greater. I have seen mixed reviews on Starlink and it would be much more expensive. Plus I do have a lot of trees

This.
The african jew gave a bunch of rural families in SWVA Starlink sets when school went virtual, and those families went from literal dialup and DSL to actually something that they could do modern stuff on. It ain't fiberoptic but it is better than cell internet or fucking hugesnet.

I was looking at it before my local phone CoOp decided to take government grant money and actually install fiber county wide. Have a gigabit connection now, and I am over 45min away from the nearest town. They even used actual good components for the modem and wifi router. Got wireless 6e. Granted, it wasn't out of the goodness of their hearts, it was because they got a State grant for high speed internet and a Federal grant at the same time. The board actually tried to pocket the money in bonuses but got found out right quick and were almost immediately sued over it.

I don't have Starlink myself, but I know it works well from reading about what others who have it think about it. If you have a a place with a modestly sized clear line of sight directly above it should work. Usually you get ~80/20, ping is like 50-80ms.
If it doesn't' work well for you there is a 30 day money back thing going on, so trying it out won't cost you anything if it doesn't actually work.
>went from literal dialup and DSL to actually something that they could do modern stuff on
Just to soothe my autism: DSL goes up to 250/100Mbit/s... And I have a 100/40 connection. With 10ms ping.
But nice to hear about stories like that. The little niglets also deserve fast tubes.

Starlink is god tier right now if you have no connections.
Cell towers are next best hope, but lmao @ bandwidth limits.
Old GEO sats are last option, avoid it at all cost unless you absolutely need to. You're better off just driving to local city/town for phone network/download what you need, then come back home.

Inbetween Starlink and Cell towers is WISPs, which may be available in some rural areas, but its not a guarantee/

>rural
>niglets

user, i...

What makes cell internet so bad if there is a literal cell phone tower right across the field? I get it if one is miles away from you and you are just using your phone, but these are LTE bands through a high gain antenna. I know Basedlink is probably substantially better than Hughesnet or DSL, but would it justify the initial hardware cost and >$100/month cost as opposed to ~$20-50/month for some MVNO data plan and $399 for the modem. I was generously donated a yagi and coax. I just wonder because I see a lot of compelling cellular speed tests.
Bandwidth limits are not my major concern but I guess that is something to keep in mind. I do not stream or game really. I just want the ability to be able to do a large file transfer.

Oh.. I misread your post because you said African jew. I thought you were literally talking about some African tribes in the Savannah or something.
I was confused because I don't really see Elon as a kike. Not sure where you got that impression.

Not available in my area unfortunately.

I’m rural as well just get the starlink. Like other anons said if it doesn’t work return it. I’m with a WISP but I’m switching, they can’t give me more than 25/5

Then LoS PTP isn't going to work either

>I just want the ability to be able to do a large file transfer.
You need bandwidth for that. You can't do that with phone/old geo sattelites like Hughes/Viasat. They have ~20-50GB monthly bandwidth limit.

Starlink has unlimited bandwidth and has speeds ~200 Mbps. So the best case is to put yourself in wait list.

You'd be surprised, though in this case it is all white people of Irish and Scottish decent.

You wouldn't know it now, as everyone is all "muh heritage", but this part of VA was extremely anti-confederacy during the war. Not because they weren't racist, but because they were hardcore Christians, many of whom had never actually seen a slave before. The idea of owning another one of God's children was absolutely appalling to the hillbillies, who at the time were relatively pacifist.

My own county was known for housing deserters from the confederacy, escaped slaves towards the end of the war, and actively fighting the Confederacy at one point, as well as providing food aid to the Union. After the war they even formed a committee to try and raise funds to help former slaves who wanted to go back to Africa go there and not be penniless.

My county probably has perpetual motion machines rolling in the ground. They are not smiling on their decedents.

nighthawk m1 accepts dual YAGI antennas aimed at strongest tower signal. Then run ethernet from M1 to router of choice.

how consistent is starlinks connection? will it be fine for gaming? getting real tired of my 5Mbps dsl

Are there no higher bandwidth options for MVNOs?

Hit or miss, most common are ~2-5GB. Some might have 10-20GB. Rarely do they have anything higher.

wonder if you can get 5g internet from vertizon/tmobile or some shit

oh and just throw any hotspot verizon plan SIM into the modem and spoof the IMEI and change the bands using DC Unlocker to match the hotspot you were provided by verizon. DC Unlocker costs like i think $25 to spoof the IMEI but it saves a lot of hassle and will allow you to spoof that specific router as many times as you want in case you factory reset it.

I would suggest trying to find a grandfathered verizon hotspot plan to save as much money on your monthly bill as possible. Also be aware verizon unlimited hotspot plans usually "deprioritize" you after 50gb. I think this happens regardless of plan, but maybe the upper tier plans dont do this. Verizon will never admit to deprioritizing you so use other sites to figure out what plans are safe. De-prioritization does not stop your internet, but may reduce it to a few kb/s, which is effectively unusable.

If Verizon is trying to fuck you on prices, consider an NVMO (basically a 3rd party that buys and re-sells verizon's bandwidth) such as Visibile. NVMOs have their own pros/cons. They will also often throttle, but when it occurs may be different. But they may charge a low enough cost that you can buy 2 limited plans and just swap SIMs once the first's data runs out.

Starlink's main "downfall" is whether or not you have obstruction. Your Starlink app can show whether or not there's obstructions. It needs a clear sky, no trees in slight if you lay down on the ground/roof and are looking up. If you've got nothing, then its good.

The next obstacle is whether or not you're in a latitude thats being served. Most of the US is being served today, so shouldnt be an issue.

Next obstacle is heavy rain and heavy snow. Thats to be expected as heavy rain/heavy snow causes packet loss and higher pings. Works fine during moderate rains/snows.

Last but not least, they sometimes roll out firmware updates, where they do A/B testing. They can cause some issues, but again nothing major.

Finally, most of the problems are early deployment issues when there werent enough satellites. Nowadays, its fine. Furthermore, they're planning on deploying thousands more satellite this year. So consistencies/speed/latencies will improve as months roll by.

Visible was trash for me. Limited me to 5Mbps.

>wonder if you can get 5g internet from vertizon/tmobile or some shit
my mother in law had 4g Verizon internet through a little base station. it was quite capable

Seems a bit overkill for my needs, but a good option. I have used Verizon out here, but I am limited to about 10GBs which really is not useful in the long term. I have not had issues. I think Visible might be a good option.

See this is where I am hesitant to use Starlink. I have a lot of trees on the south side of my property. I have a narrow space where I can hit 2 really close cell phone towers with a yagi. I also live in a pretty cold climate and I am worried about long term motor burnout if the starlink freezes over. This year, I went outside in the winter and we had about 2 inches of ice on top of my car. I am sure that isn't good for the dishes

Download the Starlink app and find out whether you have obstacles. It does automatic calculation

Ah yeah this is the issue with NVMOs, they all have their unfortunate quirks. It all just comes down to price vs performance.

You should look into www.rvmobileinternet .com
They have a lot of reviews of different providers and equipment.

2inch for once every few days in winter is a non issue. Once you clear out the snow from the dish in the morning, you get the internet once more.