Why is this praised so much?

Why is this praised so much?

Attached: fedora.png (900x386, 6.06K)

It's a good distro that doesn't fuck with the defaults.

Dunno, tried it and sound didn't work. Tried a bunch of other distros (debian, ubuntu, arch), worked fine.

Good enough for Torvalds, good enough for me.

It just works.

Paid shills. Fedora is shit

Attached: krosh_arrogant.jpg (900x800, 117.78K)

best shot you have at decent hardware support without going full arch

>decent hardware support
Is that not a kernel thing?

No rolling releases or LTS. You simply alter your repositories and run the version you want. Kernel updates takes backups for previous versions.

It's stable from the ground up. Nearly every book about linux either focus only on Red Hat Package Manager or emphasize its importance. Fedora is the desktop distro uses RPM so inevitably fedora will become the new Ubuntu.

I never understood why Ubuntu was Ubuntu. Maybe it's before my time.

it's better than ubuntu or opensuse

Huh, sound worked fine for me.
What version was this? Was it recent?

>paid
kek, they're doing it for free

Everything is

Hardware support by default is crap though if you have nvidia for example. You have to go through many steps with impossible to know urls to properly fully install nvidia drivers and tools and then blacklist nouveau. On arch its just pacman -S nvidia cuda. Its also easy pn ubuntu.

stable while being so bleeding edge.

it's the only "just werks" distro that ships with vanilla i3 experience so you can build upon.

You know why.

Attached: faggit.jpg (960x960, 133.68K)

I tried f35 and rawhide. No sound in both. Also had problems with touchpad using fedora in other machine, while in other distros it worked just fine. I think it's something related to the kernel configs, which is strange, as they don't mess too much with kernel defaults and don't patch too much. I compared the configs with Arch, and it was almost the same. So, I really don't know.

Runs fairly well and has decent support for whatever your workflow is.
I've used it for web browsing, light gaming, and amateur radio stuff. Little to no issue on any of those workflows.

Attached: Screenshot_20220402_170019.png (1920x1080, 707.19K)

shills. it's essentially garbage.

Oh right, the touchpad was the only issue I had. Turns out tapping is off by default.
I don't think it's a kernel thing, I think it's wayland for the audio, and a checkbox in your mouse settings for tap-to-click.

it
just
werkkks

Attached: fedora.png (3840x2160, 1.49M)