Every major browser forces you to save images as .webp instead of .png when it's available

>every major browser forces you to save images as .webp instead of .png when it's available
>barely any other program supports the format

Attached: 97-974660_black-and-white-confused-meme-hd-png-download.jpg (293x280, 26.85K)

Sneethe

Attached: 1648931255470.png (28x32, 2.75K)

I use snipping tool when I want to save a webp in a common format, obviously not a good idea for images with transparency.

>using applications that aren't browser-based
eww

Is there such thing as a good browser video editor?

I wrote a command line script that wgets the image and pipes it into imagemagick which then converts it into the desired format and saves it.

Attached: lol.jpg (2400x3000, 2.57M)

you could use a tool like ImageMagick to automatically convert your files in your download directory.

>I wrote a command line script that wgets the image and pipes it into imagemagick which then converts it into the desired format and saves it.

Attached: 1265081703473.jpg (122x126, 3.08K)

spoken like a true tinker tranny

Attached: D3C65D05-C2D7-4130-8392-0732C730B177.jpg (7423x9999, 1.16M)

Oh is this a bitching about browsers thread?
Firefox updates at the beginning of March to no longer open downloaded files, instead it automatically saves them
> At the beginning of March: I thought that this was such a minor change that it's hardly worth even noting
> Now: Have waterfox installed on my work computer with mandatory updates, currently running a fork of Firefox on my home computer and developing an add-on that makes regular up to date Firefox work like a normal browser

I know I deserved it for using firefox, but man what a stupid fucking change.

ive never used the open with feature lol

I just switched browsers the second time it happened to me but that's a good idea.

I've used it constantly, between sensitive documents which can't stay on my computer for long to just downloading public torrents, I didn't know how much I missed that champion till he was gone.

use an image converter extension because of webp bullshit

>ffmpeg -i in.webp out.png
Stop crying faggot

Sneed

Attached: just_werks.webm (1248x794, 1.81M)

It's not the browser that does that, you absolute fucking normie.

when was the last time you've had sex?

Not him but what's the problem here, since when using scripts is a bad thing?!

>open terminal with hotkey
>convert image.webp image.png
>upload image to Any Forums
profit?

Based. Do you use external commands in firefox? I would use that and can right click shit still too

mpv and sxiv support webp

this, feh as well.

tinker tranny board

webp is the rust of image formats

Firefox explicitly sends a request header announcing webp support, you used to be able to change it in about:config to take webp off (and then sites would serve you jpg), but I can't remember what the option was called and can't seem to find it now

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-03 at 00.48.24.png (234x51, 6.89K)