>PS3 gets YLOD after 15 years
>open it up, clean it out, replace thermal paste
>no bueno
>put it in the oven for 7 mins
>works like new
What gives?

Attached: oven.png (585x439, 617.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psx-place.com/threads/research-experimental-nec-tokin-capacitors-replacement-ylod.25260/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you did a nigger-tier rework on whatever broken solder joint it had

what the fuck
what temp?

the token caps on them die and reheating it in the oven regenerates them briefly
it will stop working really quickly until you replace the caps and possibly delid the cpu

I put it in cold and let it heat up to 450F, then took it out

This is temporary fix. It will die again after some time.

nice, my first fat edition sony still works like new, i just love spinning it up for some old nostalgia hits

Attached: resistance.png (653x758, 1023.51K)

I used to fix my 8800GTX via that method. Unironically fixes any electronics. I used that 8800GTX until 2016 when I finally replaced it with 1080 (which I had bought for $200 second hand, still works till this day). I regularly cleanup my old game consoles and hardware. Never giving in to planned obsolescence, I recommend you all to do this. Don't bin your old electronics.

now when it dies, you pick up your probes, check the part of board where electricity stops and replace it

i have a laptop psu that i suspect is broken for some acer gaming laptop.
it has plastic on tho and basically impossible to remove without breaking it.
would this method work tho?

you know you're not supposed to but pcbs in your own cooking oven. you're supposed to use a spare toaster oven you don't care about. the fumes and shit will stain and ruin your oven.

retard

>mmmm delicious flux, solder, thermal paste splatter

Attached: dhurr.png (558x614, 24.19K)

there's thermal paste underneath both the ps3 cell and rsx ihs's. doubt op delidded his ps3 so what op is doing is heating up 10+ year old paste in his oven.

u r dum

Time to just extract your saves and backup your disc games and use RPCS3 my guy

Repaired my phone that way a few times until I overcooked it.

>>put it in the oven for 7 mins
>>works like new
That's just not true. It's going to die in a few months again. Pay for a proper reballing.

Might be safer to use a hairdryer/heatgun these days, if you know exactly where the problem area is, but the only way to permanently fix it is to remove the chip and reball by hand.

>and use RPCS3
Real hardware is better than emulators - when you have it, of course.

I'm broke lul that's why i niggered it

Enjoy your cancer

you either made a ghetto reball or revived some caps, it won't last long, specially if it's a cap issue

>reballing
I've heard that's not a permanent fix either. Once you get problems the entire thing is just fucked.

Depends on the issue. Retards reballed PS3s for years, but turned out most the YLOD issues were mostly related to dead SMD caps that were revived with the heat from the reball process lmao

psx-place.com/threads/research-experimental-nec-tokin-capacitors-replacement-ylod.25260/