Get 300 Mbps plan from ISP

>Get 300 Mbps plan from ISP
>Cable modem supports up to 343 Mbps
>directly connected to my PC using 1 Gbps ethernet port
>pic related
Why?

Attached: speed_test.png (402x462, 15.53K)

ISP jews did it

Would contacting them to complain accomplish anything?

fellow washingtonion

Why don't you have FiOS?

Attached: 1639501627703.png (389x212, 7.97K)

Maybe

This.
Oy vey 500 megs? whaddaya need 250megs for? here's 15megs share half with your brother..

Since you don't have fibre, I assume you live in a poor neighbourhood, so you're probably fucked, but you can try asking your ISP if something is wrong on their end.

Call your ISP. Years ago I was supposed to be getting 25 and got 4 instead, so I called Comcast and they re-sent the modem provisioning commands and then I got 25.

It's also possible you just have some really shit wires between your house and the ISP.

Comcast is shit

also try plugging your computer directly into your modem (assuming you have a router between the modem and your PC)

god I wish that were me

>Get 600 Mbps plan from ISP
>Cable modem supports up to 1Gbps
>directly connected to my PC using 10 Gbps ethernet port
>get 900 Mbps
thanks for the free 300mbps user

assuming it's not the cable it's the ISPs fault

stop living in a republican shithole

DOCSIS (FTTN) is deprecated technology.

>pay for 200 mbps
>get pic related
t-thanks

Attached: 1646968854709.png (585x102, 7.36K)

wat? That's Washington DC user

>It's also possible you just have some really shit wires between your house and the ISP.
if that's the case they may run new line for you. century link ran like a quarter of new line for me once

Or, depending on the ISP, they may just tell you to live with 7 Mbps

I got Comcast to run 3/4 of a mile of underground copper cable from the closest node to my work and we got them to do it for free, and we already had a contract with them set for 3 years at $64.99/month, so it's not like they were making their money back on our service.

I spoke to the guy who they had overseeing the Mexicans digging the trench and laying the cable, and they were apparently budgeting around $17,000 for the project including the labor costs. Didn't cost us a dime though.

>pay for 200 mbps
>get 40 mbps
must be great living in america

Just means he is on DOCSIS HFC, this happens in most countries that use DOCSIS. It's just more efficient for residential internet to cut down on the upstream channels in favor of more downstream channels, since most residential customers are downloading, not uploading.

>this happens in most countries that use DOCSIS
so third world shitholes like america

In which case you tell the ISP to fuck off, terminate the contract and don't pay any service costs for the service they didn't actually provide. You're kinda fucked if they're the only ones in your region though.