Is it possible to receive FB Messenger msgs away from wifi on a deactivated phone?

I'm confused.. My phone hasn't been activated for months, I just bring it along to play music off on bike rides..
Was out of town @ the river, and received fb messages from two people at the same time. Not near any wifi, obviously.
Is this a thing? How is that possible

Attached: 1648905551261.gif (500x418, 884.75K)

In Canada, if that makes any difference
chatr mobile (but again, haven't had activated since like december)

bump halp pls

God dammit someone has to know the answer to this

Be patient you retard nigger

Maybe you left the wifi on and pick up a free wifi you stupid fuck, maybe someone else put their phone as a wifi

Given that's the only halfway reasonable explanation presented, how would I autoconnect to someone elses phone wifi? Why would he allow randos to auto-connect to his shit?
There was only one other person around, in a car sitting on the side of the road, considerably far from where I was.

cellular data connection.
3g, 4g, 4glte, 5g

if you ever connected your phone to a wifi with whatever name, then your phone encounters another hotspot with the same name and without a password, then your phone will connect to it automatically. This is also used in hacking, called "evil twin" attack

Attached: 1648933502126.jpg (600x900, 243.31K)

I thought about this some more, and the thing is.. My phone said "No connection available" when I read the messages and I was unable to send anything back. So I don't think that's the answer.
Yea but my phones not activated. I shouldn't be able to receive anything right? Does this shit glitch out and let things through regardless sometimes?

>This is also used in hacking, called "evil twin" attack
This interests me though... Are you implying my phone would be the one at risk in this scenario, the one connecting to the hotspot? Because there are actually reasons why my phone and comp would be hacked.
That would mean the dude in the car followed or otherwise knew I was there, though.. which also wouldn't surprise me desu

I'm not saying you were hacked. If your phone showed no connection then it most likely didn't have a connection, unless it had one but hadn't updated the "no connection" notification.
>This interests me though... Are you implying my phone would be the one at risk in this scenario, the one connecting to the hotspot?
it could be. If someone really wanted to get you they could just figure out where you'd connect to a free unencrypted wifi (library, starbucks, etc) make a device broadcast unencrypted wifi with the same ssid (name i.e. starbucks-guest idk), then your phone would connect to it automatically.
Your phone is at all times broadcasting the ssids you've saved, so theoretically one could just listen for those broadcasts then make an unencrypted wifi with one of those names, then your phone would connect. Once someone has a direct connection to your phone, then many other things can be done to pwn u.
Again, not saying this is the answer. You might just be too much of a schizo

>Again, not saying this is the answer. You might just be too much of a schizo
I understand why that's the general rule, but yeah..
Since my phone wasn't able to send even messages back when right beside the dudes car, I definitely had no connection to internet.
Is it possible in this scenario, that he just left it on waiting for me to connect, then the messages came through, then he shut the hotspot off immediately, before I was able to send? Like, he already had the info he needed just by connecting?

Or, could he have somehow slipped something onto my phone in that short of a time, etc?

that would require some crazy planning. Unless you're some kind of high importance target for a nation-state I highly doubt it. And even then they probably wouldn't use wifi. You could do the same thing with a device that pretends to be a phone antenna, which btw your phone connects to whether you want it or not (the justification is "in case you need to contact emergency services"). The pegasus malware by that Israelite company is deployed using this method iirc

>that would require some crazy planning. Unless you're some kind of high importance target for a nation-state I highly doubt it. And even then they probably wouldn't use wifi. You could do the same thing with a device that pretends to be a phone antenna, which btw your phone connects to whether you want it or not (the justification is "in case you need to contact emergency services"). The pegasus malware by that Israelite company is deployed using this method iirc
I agree that at that level, a wifi attack seems too low-rent. They should be able to access my phone all kinds of other ways, backdoors, whatever.
Lets just say, I've attracted a lot of unwanted attention, so while implausible, it isn't impossible that an attack was organized. But the low sophistication doesn't make sense.
However... had I not received these messages at this exact moment (or before, but I received them when they came in), I never would have had a clue at all, so... maybe I just got lucky

But yeah.. I suffered an attack in 2017 that I won't get into, where I was explicitly told Mossad was present in the midst of it, by a dude in person. There was no reason for him to have brought up Mossad to me the way he did, at the time he did, and so on, I'm pretty much certain he was telling the truth. So... I'm familiar with crazy planning scenarios, I guess..

Also, thanks for the info. Gonna look into it more myself.

It's obviously the reptile people.
take meds

good luck in your schizo adventure

Attached: 1648935474272.gif (978x827, 1.29M)

Thanks fella. Genuinely good info, and definitely plausible.