/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*Atomic edition*
Read the sticky:
>GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones
How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread:

Attached: Frenobyl,_1986.png (2376x1552, 1.58M)

So, I'm about to reinstall Windows, I've got a dual boot set up now with linux. How can I either prevent Windows from fucking up my GRUB, or repair it quickly when I see black screen and a message that tells me "no partition found" as soon as I reinstall it?

>black screen and a message that tells me "no partition found"
Why would it do that? Windows is selfish, not suicidal.

That happened to me last time I installed Windows over my previous stuff, let's see this time.

You could image all the small partitions with macrium reflect, then restore them afterwards.

How do i fix my mic picking up my desktop audio?

Is it bad to reapply thermal paste a lot? I keep fucking up and need to take the cooler out again.

>log in to youtube
>cant it says i'm not logged in but shows that i am at top right
>cant log out at top right because im not logged in despite showing i am
>subscription feed works after pressing login again
>nothing else works
>cant save, cant sub/unsub, cant do shit
>works fine on phone
>tried multiple pcs with 3 browsers with vpn as well and nothing
>if i search for the issue i get all the other cant log in help threads that doesnt fucking help
what the fuck do i do now, how can i fix this shit

VA or IPS monitor?
I manly code and play videogaymes

just installed Any Forums x
in vanilla Any Forums the unread post counter disappears when there's 0 unread posts
is there a way to do this with Any Forums x

Attached: 1643256910874.png (70x34, 1.26K)

also can i do this with the thread watcher

Attached: 1646229227569.png (272x67, 9.44K)

I consider VA to be superior because of its much better blacks/contrast ratio. You need to make sure it's a good implementation without terrible response time, but that's true on IPS too.

how noticable is the difference in difficulty when learning python as opposed to c++ or java? right now i only know ruby, but i must learn one of those 3 for an exam i'll have and i need to be able to do kinda math-related complex tasks (with just the basic inbuilt functions, no APIs or other libraries or anything). which one should i learn? i dont wanna do python, but if the other two are much harder then i'll go with it.

>Using mouse, writing, and drawing at the same time

How do I deal with all the tingling and pain? I swear I already positioned everything correctly with my posture and ergonomics. I don't have money to buy a vertical mouse yet

Attached: 20220402_213807.png (1280x1280, 1.58M)

I rarely use my phone for internet stuff but what is a good phone browser? Or am I stuck with androids default chrome?

Python is slightly easier than Java and much easier than C++.
If you really hate Python then stick with Java.

Brave, Firefox, Bromite, Kiwi

I picked up Brave. Thanks user.
On a related note I use Omnichan for Any Forums. I have no complaints but anything I should know?

When I'm supposed to start hating java? I've been doign projects for almost an year (still no job) but I dont feel the need to learn another language nor I see the problem with the boilerplate. I'm actually starting to learn design patterns because people told me java requires design patterns in a job.

Maybe it is bad if you are in a big team or doing some actually useful app. For personal projects and as a hobby, I dont feel the need to know anything besides java and js.

Java's not horrible, it's just kind of tedious to write. Design patterns are kind of why, but you have to know them.

Try to take frequent brakes until you can buy the vertical mouse. I also learned to use a mouse relatively decently with my left hand. Meds will only make the problem worse with time since you won't be fixing the cause, only numbing the symptoms. Do fix this shit soon because long term damage is made by an "accumulation" of short term pain.

Attached: 1566283375064.jpg (906x1200, 558.42K)

buy or diy a wrist rest, even a bean bag can work as long as you are no resting your wrist in any surface

open settings then ctrl+f "Hide Unread Count at (0)"

Rest and dont try to do 50+ activities that require the same body part.

Use your hands for work and do your hobby only here and there.

I remember watching a starcraft pro saying he also playwed piano as hobby. Like if your job requires to use your hands, then choose a hobby that requires other part (running, watching tv, listening to music). Do people dont see anything wrong with using hands to play sc2 for 10h days then adding 3h of piano on top of that?

The body simply wasnt designed to do hand movements 16+ hours a day.