I just installed Linux and found out it can't show 4k@120hz on my OLED TV through my 6700 XT...

I just installed Linux and found out it can't show 4k@120hz on my OLED TV through my 6700 XT. What is the point in using and promoting this OS when it uses inferior technology compared to Microsoft Windows, and doesn't even have basic features like that?

Attached: FedoraDefault.png (1200x675, 713.35K)

buy a proper GPU
use a proper DE

>and found out it can't show 4k@120hz on my OLED TV through my 6700 XT.
Why? My display is 4k @ 60Hz and I don't seem to have any issues with my 5700XT.

this has nothing to do with the kernel, it's simply a driver issue. windows also has the same kind of issues with incorrect drivers, so it's not even an operating system issue. simply find the correct drivers and use them, it isn't hard.

AMD is the de facto linux gpu, and Gnome comes as default on all the distros that matter?

works on my machine with KDE (6800 XT, Manjaro KDE, LG B9 OLED)

Works on my machine

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-04-02 22-32-02.png (2148x1560, 170.63K)

It's not a driver issue either, this is a bait thread.

I don't know why you guys keep biting either. Autism?

No, some people are curious and helpful. Baiting helpful people in your free time is autism.

>refresh rate 60hz
Reading comprehension too difficult for linux users?

Yes, my machine is 60Hz, are you trying to imply GNOME can't display 120Hz?

i like trying to help people understand computers more so they dont need to make these threads so we can have more noatime threads instead

but its no longer 80/20 retards/bait its now 20/80 respectively, although maybe closer to 1/99. so i guess that makes me the retard

>Works on my machine
>my machine is 60Hz
kek lintroons cant read either

Attached: 1627175232689.gif (500x491, 375.84K)

>14 posts in
>OP still not posting any proof or what the actual problem is
Really makes you think, doesn't it

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 206.91K)

sharing knowledge is still a thing. keep up ur work, user. and install a better bait-detection-unit.

Talk like a normal person, autistic weaboo tranny.

>he guys hdmi 2.1 spec doesn't work
>WELL LOOK HERE SON, MY HDMI 2.0 SPEC BANDWIDTH WORKS

I thought linux users were supposed to be smart

>I can't do X, thus I will put a contrarian post on Any Forums to bait nerds into providing free tech support

Not my problem.

>prove that linux isn't able to do something
okay done, it can't

Baste

>OP talk about 4K@120
>freetards talks about 4@60
That's why you guys are called freeTARDS

Attached: 1642425949188.jpg (800x800, 242.83K)

DP -> HDMI cable? Otherwise, switch to nvidia or maybe terrorize the HDMI forum into open sourcing.

>as default on all the distros
you're wrong. it does not come as a default on all distros. Get a better distro if you can't work past Gnomes never ending pile of shit.
>buy a proper GPU
retard

Yeah but it works

Not my problem.