OSS contribution is slavery

Corpos convicned you to do high value work for FREE.

You literally do it for FREE so some zuck or soros can get billions.

You're useless idiot working for FREE

Jannies and OSS contributors are retards

YOU DO IT FOR FREE LIKE

Attached: krosh_cool.jpg (1280x720, 111.05K)

Attached: d368.jpg (2139x1512, 1.02M)

yes, I do it for free, and?

Attached: 3cf6.jpg (3500x2625, 1.99M)

It depends. No corpo is going to use something like serenity os.
On the other hand if you have something actually valuable maybe release it as CC-NC or similar.

I do what I want for free.
I do what I dont want for money,
When I do what I want, my time is compensated with enjoyment.
When I do what I don't want, my time is compensated with money.
(You).

GPL fixed this.

Attached: ffa7.jpg (559x1024, 71.8K)

HE DOES IT FOR FREE
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
HE DOES IT FOR FREE
HE DOES IT FOR FREE

Attached: smesh_laugh_1.jpg (1280x720, 104.94K)

People before me did it and it made the world a better place. I'm going to write software for myself anyway so I may as well share it so someone else can write something else that needs to be implemented.
Posted from Firefox, a browser I got for free that's built on top of a bunch of other free software.

It's a better use of time than chiding people. I mean do you really spend your time complaining, for free? What a benefit to humanity.

Good job, keep doing it for FREE

Attached: _methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_6a8a0533-fb9a-3436-a22a-740c9ccc3b45.jpg (780x520, 53.38K)

Imagine using a cuck license
>inb4 what about bajillion dollar corporation's freedom to use me as a slave reeee

What's the difference between OSS contributors and jannies?

Attached: krosh_glasses.jpg (1280x720, 121.34K)

this is why you contribute to free software and not open source software
free software is really free
open source software is for cucks

I'm doing what I want for free.
I'm doing what I don't want for money.
Nobody uses what I want for free because I learn from Any Forums that if all my variables and function names are based and redpilled, corporate redditors will die if they look at it.

Or you could do what you want for money
Open source cope is ridiculous

bullshit. linux is "free software" and it's used in every datacenter in the world. so is webkit and a bunch of other shit. in practice open source and free software is the same, they're some version of the gpl.

>so some zuck or soros can get billions.
Zuck's company also creates open source software for others to use.
And often for-profit companies are the main contributors to open source projects.

>you to do high value work for FREE
>You're useless idiot
You just can't put these two statements together :D .

Some small contributions to OSS may be a nice way to improve experience and later put that on CV. Then you may be more likely to get a job.

Anyway, I only did a very small contribution to OSS when I was paid for doing that.

Attached: 4465533261_50d518d069_o.jpg (534x738, 40.6K)

Nobody is forcing you to contribute to FOSS projects

sorry user but i dont think anyone wants to pay me to masturbate and write code that just makes my pc shout "NIGGER" if it sees a black person on camera

fuck off nigger

💢

I dont think anyone wants you to open source that either

you sure?

>Imagine using a cuck license
Doesn't stop corpos from secretly taking source code in closed source projects.
Cyberpunk 2077 had statically linked ffmpeg, and devs got away with it because "muh leaked sourcecode doesn't counts"

>you could do what you want for money
Not him but that's actually not easy at all.
The moment you charge money you get customers making demands, pushing you to add features or make changes you don't really want to make.
And marketing software is often more work than developing it, which might not be an enjoyable part.

yes
liicensing schemes are for when you actually distribute software, if you're just programming to fun it's not "open source"

>The moment you charge money you get customers making demands, pushing you to add features or make changes you don't really want to make.
Because that doesn't happen with open source right

i never said i was writing open source software
i just said i do what i want for fun, and i do what i dont want for money.
i gotta ask, how does copium taste? I've never tried it, but you strike me as a fellow who's "down with the juice"

Users aren't customers. There's no obligation to fulfill demands for the former, but there is for the latter.

There's no obligation to fulfill the demands of the latter either, are you stupid?