Have you taken the 2.5 Gbps network pill yet, Any Forums?

Have you taken the 2.5 Gbps network pill yet, Any Forums?

Attached: Zyxel-8-Port-2.5G-Multi-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Switch.jpg (768x368, 38.52K)

My internet connection is 1Gbps

No, I have taken the "one computer that does everything" pill. No need for networking.

I only have one computer.

Nope, straight to 10Gig.

Why? I have 10gbps fiber.

The spinning rust in my home NAS is my limiting factor for transfer speeds on my network

Why not get a ssd for cache?

Might next time I build a home NAS. I built a 200tb box 5 years ago and run FreeNAS. I'm set on compacity for a while

>2.5gbps
How poor are you? Enthusiasts who are employed have had 10Gbit for years, OP.

1Gbps is good enough for the home network. Once it's not, then just go to 10Gbps.

I think my switch is still 100mbit. Who needs more?

Unnecessary for disk based storage or home internet connections, underkill for flash based storage.

2.5 Gb and 5 Gb are jokes. 10 Gb ethernet is so cheap nowdays it's pointless to use those. I have 10/40Gb LAN in my home.

My WAN is faster than that. I'd bottleneck my wireless network on a switch like that. It would shave 10 hours off a backup job simply by upgrading to 1gbit, etc.😒

Best to have a local network faster than your WAN connection so that downloading something doesn't choke your connections to local services.

nigga my internet isnt even 50mbps, i aint fucking shelling out for what, cat8 throughout the fucking house when half my ethernet adapters are gigabit max, cat5 is good enough and i still have about 300m of the shit lying around to be cut

Soon 2.5g will be prevelant and you can't buy new motherboards with 1g nics anymore

So what? The standard is backwards compatible so if you get a motherboard with a faster Ethernet nic then it will work fine with whatever you have.

no, it's a ripoff. what's next? 5? 7.5? 8.9?
Fuck that shit.

good. stick to your slow 1g ethernet