Why can't I just run a normal usb to usb-c cable from a usb port or a usb adapter in a wall outlet to charge my laptop...

Why can't I just run a normal usb to usb-c cable from a usb port or a usb adapter in a wall outlet to charge my laptop instead of using the charger it came with?

The big block in the middle of the cable is inconvenient.

Attached: 71PLJ7OsJRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1319, 155.55K)

you can. the power cable jew doesnt want you to know this though.

bump

you can, its slow as fuck

cause your pc requires more than the 5w your shitty cellnphone charger outputs

Laptop needs more watts. My laptop has a 65W charger which outputs 20V 3.25A. Phone chargers generally output around 5V 2A (10 watts), some phones have fast chargers which output more.

How does that clunky block increase power? Shouldn't the electricity company be doing that

You have to be 18 to post here.

what's age got to do with it? do kids all take classes on electricity?

You can't use the power straight from the wall, you need to transform it into something the laptop can actually use. Theres a limit to the maximum "amount" of power a given transformer can output due to limitations of the technology. Generally the bigger the transformer, the more power it means because bigger components can usually handle more.

My phone has a 65w charger.

Sent from a LE2123.

it regulates the voltage and amperage. i am not an expert so this is simply a general understanding and not technical

i forget which is which but if you imagine electricity like water in a pipe, voltage is how much water is flowing through the pipe, and amperage is how wide the pipe is. to charge devices with larger batteries (powering something that needs more power) you have to increase one of these things. this is mostly done by increasing the voltage.

Power from wall runs 120v or 240v.
Laptop runs 19v.
USB chargers runs 5v.

The blocky thing is a transformer that transforms voltage from wall so that low power appliance or high power appliance can draw proper amount of power.

no, but mathematics is a mandatory class leading up to your high school diploma or local equivalent.
I'll spell it out for you: the wall outputs usually 110v or 220v, @ 50hz (or 60hz) depending on the country you are in. Thats in AC power, meaning there is no negative anode, power goes both forwards and backwards

But your computer cant work with that, there's a lot of sensitive components that can only work if electricity goes in one direction, a DC current. And, 220v or 110v is way too much for it. Also, the mains power isnt always exactly 220v or 110v, there's a lot of inconsistencies. So, you need:
- A power converter to turn AC to DC.
- A step down converter to bring the voltage and amperage down to something the PC is expecting
- A voltage regulator to ensure that the voltage does not surge beyond or dip below what the PC can handle.

But sure, go plug your pc into the wall with a fork. Tell me what happens. Maybe you'll out-jew the jew and unveil big electrics schemes.

Stream it ofcourse.

You can.
It'll just be extremely slow unless you USB adapter can negotiate and provide the 9V and 12V that charger will deliver.

USB 3.0 can deliver up to 60W

isnt that good for battery

please plug in 120v to your laptop, i dont want you posting retarded shit

>60W
What do you think this is, a tanning salon?

Works on my machine.

Attached: apple-140w-power-adapter.jpg (1996x1158, 114.74K)

My blender is 1000W and it just has a regular cord.

That's AC, since appliances like a blender would use an AC motor, laptops have the power brick to convert AC to DC, because electronics use DC.

I want an AC computer

Literally impossible.