Best chat services?

Pic unrelated but these are the best ones ones I have used so far:
>matrix (via element)
Daily driver as of now, works fine. I don't have an account through the matrix server but all my friends do so that is a little bad. Built in screen sharing, audio calls, and video calls. Group chat calls through jitsi (I think they implemented natively recently though).
>Jami
P2P, calls are sometimes glitchy. But for the most part it is ok. Built in screen sharing, audio calls, and video calls. Haven't tested group calls yet. Not on matrix level yet.
>Tox
P2P. Built in screen sharing, large file transfer (takes long af though, syncthing is a better option desu). Audio and video calls.
Ones I have not tried yet:
>Xmpp
Have only heard good things from it, if the glowies use it, it must be good right?
>Signal
Only including it for discussion, will never use it due to requiring a phone number
>irc
I heard it is lean and non pozzed (that's what they all say) I would give it a closer look but I feel it's security may not be on par with the other services listed.
That is about it desu.
What chat are you using user?

Attached: 1648872740121.jpg (1672x1234, 538.35K)

i use Teams

>what chat do you use?
The one that all my internet pals use.

Telegram makes me hate every other chat app.

This basically. Glad my small circle of friends were willing to install element and it has been pretty comfy with them ngl.
A couple of times they have told me to come back to discord but I always refuse.
If element is glitching I just phone call them anyways.
I also just phone call people I am acquainted with because I know they wont bother with element.

Attached: 1648874841301.jpg (360x255, 20.37K)

old steam chat is the only chat service i have ever loved, i miss the time when having a mic wasnt expected of you in order to communicate

Just use Discord like a normal person

define "normal" without reffering to a specific group of individuals

You cant sext in IRC

you can. i sext on irc with several females

how do you know they're females?

If they claim they are females, they are females user

nobody is female on the internet. those who are female are kids. those who are kids are the cia.

the whole point of sexting is that you're a woman

>the cia send me tits

tax money well spent

What is wrong with SMS?
Everyone has an unlimited plan nowadays

>dedicated servers
that's a problem if you have cgnat'd ip and/or dont want your ip to get doxxed

Revolt.chat
Extremely comparable to Discord in aesthetic and functionality except open source

>session
signal clone over lokinet, voice calls are glitchy beta, public global IDs/wallet is revealed in group chat, public group chats must be self-hosted/moderated and get spammy
>status.im
naked p2p with impressive GUI, no live video/audio calls, public global IDs/wallet, official public group chats are free to make but can get spammy
>simplex.chat
barebones cli/app, one-time invite codes (no public global ID, no network graph leaking ever), double ratchet (signal) e2ee, fast file sending, cumbersome group chat setup, easily self-hostable but why bother since it is the most provably secure
>hugin messenger
WebRTC video/audio calls + screen sharing, optional openalias (DNS TXT record) for public global ID/wallet. beautiful zoomerific GUI - create public boards and see popular hashtags
>stoneage android messenger
self-hosted s3 bucket required, serverless fully client side cweb protocol, high-trust standard messenger for close nit private groups with easy large file sharing - no live audio/video
>speek.network
ugly chat over hidden tor service app (global ID .onion address) with file sending etc e2ee - no live audio/video obviously
>darkMX
for those unfamiliar with LAN parties, imagine mega.nz if it had group chat & file search! darkMX is closed source group chat & file sharing orientated app over tor via hidden onion service (global ID .onion address) - no live audio/video obviously
>salty.im
self-host on own domain, simply emulates PGP email/chat messages over websocket in a PWA/tui

thanks user, I have never heard of the last six and I thought I've seen them all

>session
>simplex.chat
>hugin messenger
>stoneage android messenger
These 4 look promising. Especially simplex and hugin. The other ones you listed didn't catch my eye. And I didn't immediately disregarded the proprietary one you listed. Ideally the perfect chat service would be:
>Free and open source (required).
>End to end encrypted.
>Self hostable or p2p (not as big a deal if service is e2ee).
>No email/number sign up.
>Text + audio and video calls.
>Screen sharing capabilities (not a dealbreaker though).
Their are a handful that have most or all of thesr requirements. A couple of years ago I would be a greaf challenge to find services that have these. But not anymore. Times are changing and we are in gettjng put in better hands.