Zig Appreciation Thread

Say something nice about Zig.

I’m really interested in this language. I went back and forth for awhile on this or Nim, and I think I’ve settled on Zig.

What kind of cool stuff can you do with Zig?

Attached: 1648865186024.jpg (1200x600, 70.55K)

I'm writing a small sqlite orm using comptime, inline and @Type() to automatically generate types matching the result set rows structure for the prepared statements (at compile time). I'm currently implementing JOIN operations and so far it has been incredibly easy

That's cool user

From what I've seen/heard about Zig people say it's very comfy

I listened to a talk the other day the creator gave on how he made the compiler and he seems like he knows what he's doing

zigger

Z

why is this board the only place i see this language shilled?

garbage and shilled by one autist here.
it's one autist trying to justify xir meme-language choice.

How many other tech boards do you visit where people regularly discuss various programming languages

xenophobe 🖕
rent free

ctrl + f 'zig', one thread. Anytime there's a rust/c++/etc thread there's 1 post of someone saying "use zig instead." It's a single autist, probably the creator of zig because who uses that shit.

How good is Zig for game development?

is it less horrific than rust at least? can we get some samples up in here?

never heard of it

there's autogenerated (then tweaked) bindings for raylib in zig, apparently porting C stuff to zig is super easy and can mostly be automated

I saw a 3d game engine for zig somewhere as well

That's pretty neat. Once you finished it could you put it somewhere online? I'm curious how exactly you're doing it.

For me it's zag

Sent from my Sony - H8324

Would it be possible to combine those two and create the ultimate language, Nig?

why yes, i code in NIG, how could you tell?

Don't know what zig is, so my brain isn't bloated with this bullshit. So I guess that's a nice thing about Zig.

It's a lot better then Go for instance.
fn getNig() NoNiggerError!Nigger {...}

var nig: Nigger = getNig(); // Compile error, doesn't handle error returned from getNig
var nig = getNig() catch importFromAfrica(); // If we don't find one, import another.

💤

You dont even know what that means, you just shill your shitty language while not knowing anything about programming

at least it's not another C flaws thread