Building a linux gaming machine is like buying a ferrari but never going past 60mph...

Building a linux gaming machine is like buying a ferrari but never going past 60mph. Yea it runs and drives and it can get up to speed fast, but it will never go past that speed and reach its full potential. Wasted potential similarly on linux because the software and support isn't there. Even on the games that do work, the MAJORITY have performance issues. I can name 5 off the top of my head easily where this is a problem. CS:GO, Gmod, TF2, Valheim, Fallout New Vegas, Subnautica. These games "run" but they do not run as well as windows nor do they run as stable.
>but I'll just build an AMD gaming machine and just run pure vulkan DXVK that will fix everything since linux is great for AMD machines!
Wrong, Subnautica I tested on vulkan, has 10-20fps less frames than on windows, more unstable with more frame drops. Even Fallout New Vegas has a lower FPS uncapped, and with visual light artifacts.

Just use windows 10, It's where all the support is. Gaming on linux will never be as good as windows, or as polished. All the good games are on windows 10. Even things as niche as mod support and installers for the game I mentioned are a hassle where on windows its one click to get it working. No wine custom configuration and tinkering. The only games that would work is if all you do is play retro emulators, but even then that's a niche and if you play retro emulators, you probably play other games as well. Valve made a huge mistake with steam deck using arch linux. Not only has this change NOT made linux gaming easier and support hasn't been getting better, but now everyone is put off by linux because valve is trying to reinvent the wheel of something that is already made.

Attached: tux-game.jpg (200x219, 7.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LwISu3mYw-c
techpowerup.com/292781/elden-ring-pc-stuttering-issues-fixed-but-only-on-valves-steam-deck?amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wrong. Aside from not having compatibility with as many games as Windows, they run better on Linux (because of Winblows bloat) and doesn't require nearly as much troubleshooting for games that run natively.

Linux and simple games like snake, online chess, Minecraft, etc, are all you need.
If you need more than that then you’re a dopamine brain rotted retard.

>they run better on linux

False, I have tested them, you have not. I know I'm right and you're wrong talking out your ass. OpenGL is shit, Vulkan layer is shit and they all run with less fps, less stability than windows. Cope also no you. Steam deck is literally failing people are installing windows 10 on it because arch is a joke.

I'm heavily into console emulation and the experience is much smoother and performance is better on Linux. Even running Windows only emulators like cemu.

STOP Replying to cope, retards.

Nigger. Linux is best.

>no argument or rebuttal so he spams the schizo dox

>He spends 18 hours a day of his worthless NEET life posting these falseflag troll threads
And you spend even more time pathetically obsessing over him.

Any Forums is a zoo and freetards are the exhibits
just sit back and enjoy the free entertainment as incel freetard virgins seethe, chimpout, and embarrass themselves for 500+ posts feeding the daily copypasta bait threads
KEK

Attached: 1639345183271.png (544x543, 94.74K)

>Building a linux gaming machine is like buying a ferrari but never going past 60mph. Yea it runs and drives and it can get up to speed fast, but it will never go past that speed and reach its full potential.
and yet, linux gets better perfomance than windows

Elden ring works better o GNU+Linux. Windows has horrible stuttering issues.

Don't tell me what to do, faggot

tired of you faggots spreading this misinfo, it stutters just as much on linux as well, I've play on both

Attached: 1636129003286.jpg (200x251, 6.48K)

take your meds

>Building a linux gaming machine
Who does this really? I mean even the people that game on linux, I really doubt gaming is their focus.

Lmao
Lol
youtube.com/watch?v=LwISu3mYw-c
techpowerup.com/292781/elden-ring-pc-stuttering-issues-fixed-but-only-on-valves-steam-deck?amp

Ever wonder why these blatant troll threads that violate the only rule in the sticky are never deleted while the mod is literally in these threads all day deleting posts?
Because the apple nigger mód is the OP posting from his iphone. He spends 18 hours a day of his worthless NEET life posting these falseflag troll threads, deleting posts exposing him as the OP, and saving his anti-linux/windows troll threads every time they reach page 10:
The only way to purge these shit threads off Any Forums is to put a bullet in his head.
Jjay Loouis Irrwin
30.04 Nor.folk Dr
Austin TX 78.745

Attached: 1642871628619.png (658x383, 245.81K)

Attached: 1642606137104.jpg (853x1000, 237.31K)

>muh gaymes