Another programming class at uni

>another programming class at uni
I hate programming so much it's unreal

Attached: 1622248998021.jpg (750x750, 32.22K)

it's the ultimate expression of creativity.

it just so happens I am utterly hopeless at being creative

>literally just put things in a file
>tell the computer to do some math with it
?

not hate!

Good thing you got to the unifag phase. Over here, kids these days start having programming classes early in middle school. If programming classes at uni made you mad enough to rant on 4chins, you'd definitely not make it.
Tho, the idea that the codemonkeys will lose their jobs since cooding will turn into a general skill that's worthless on it's own is fun to think about.

I had some shit in middle school too but those were easy to pass

Shit take. Programming class in high school is meant to actually teach you how to program.
Your first two years of uni are meant to weed you out, your third year is meant to actually teach you something, your fourth year is meant to expose you to things you'll have to enroll in a Master's program to learn about.

All competitive fields (chiefly STEM but also the various arts IF it's the top art school in the country or top music school or top whatever) are like this and it's an absolute fundamental flaw of the University system in America.
I don't know if it's any different in any other country

Dunno, I'm studying computer science in college and I'm learning data structures in C. I'm even making a "small game" project with a some friends.

that look like my cat

>codemonkeys will lose their jobs since cooding will turn into a general skill
this makes sense on the surface but technology is scaling much faster than that. So theres a huge need for codemonkeys actually

Sent from my Google - Pixel 4 XL

>college
OH NONONOONONO HAHA!!!!
If else
If else
If else
If else
If else
If else

Dunno, my classmates definitely write some weird shit sometimes. My code is somewhat not that fucked up. At least, I think it isn't.
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
int n_linha = 0;
pilha abre_fecha;
scanf("%d", &n_linha);
int valido = 1;
char entrada = 0;
getchar();
for(int i = 0; i < n_linha; i++) {
inicializa_pilha(&abre_fecha);
int contador = 0;
for(;;) {
/* passa char por char */
entrada = getchar();
contador++;
/* pega entrada até a quebra de linha */
if (entrada == '\n') {
/* checa se ele é vazio */
if(contador == 1) {
valido = 0;
}
break;
}
/* enfiar o char que abre na pilha */
if (entrada == '(' ||
entrada == '[' ||
entrada == '{') {
char foi = push(&abre_fecha, entrada);
if (foi != entrada) {
valido = 0;
break;
}
} else {
/* confere o topo da pilha quando achar um que fecha */
char teste = topo(&abre_fecha);
if (teste) {
if ((entrada == ')' &&
teste == '(') ||
(entrada == ']' &&
teste == '[') ||
(entrada == '}' &&
teste == '{')) {
pop(&abre_fecha);
}
} else {
valido = 0;
break;
}
}
}
if (!valido) {
/* se for inválido, pega o resto da entrada */
while (entrada != '\n') {
entrada = getchar();
}
}
if (valido &&
tamanho(&abre_fecha) == 0)
printf("S\n");
else
printf("N\n");
valido = 1;
}
return 0;
}

Not from US, but am a unifag, and uni stuff is serving the same purpose here. Professors cutting off cool parts of courses to shill master studies is annoying. All the weeding out is necessary imo. Entrance exams and their difficulty are being more and more regulated by the ministry of education and getting into any university is stupidly easy. Most high schools other than some elite ones have become memes. In order to actually produce proper doctors/scientists/engineers, universities need to keep to their high standards since no one else does. These days, when more than 50% of the class fails an exam, it's the teachers fault regardless of anything. I have to admit that seeing an exam on operating systems on my uni department making spoiled zoomers seethe when >90% of them fail it does tickle my funny bone.

Besides the indentation being somewhat fucked up. My variable names are "ok" (considering that my native language is Portuguese). There are no weird shit in it. At least I think it doesn't have anything weird.

>Breaks in loops or if statements

How the fuck am I supposed to write this?

>How the fuck am I supposed to write this?
I realized this is C, which I don't know shit about.
I have only used C# Java, python, JavaScript.
At-least form what I know in these languages is that breaks don't make any sense since the arguments you put inside of the for loop should kick you out when done but since you have no arguments and it works i don't see an issue, just that your code isn't clean. for other iteration are breaks fine.

>it's the ultimate expression of creativity.
In the most hardest way, you mean.

>Programming class in high school is meant to actually teach you how to program.
>Your first two years of uni are meant to weed you out
This is the same thing in high school only 20% form 100% makes it.

Try with Unity, C# is easier!