Why isn't RAID 1 implemented on laptops?

I can understand with CONSOOOMER laptops, but with NVMe and all that stuff. It seems like having two drives in RAID 1 would be a feature some people and corpos would pay for so that laptops could keep trucking if a drive failed. Espically with WFH where people are working out of the office with supplied equipment and RAID 1 could prevent having to send a new laptop out their if instead they could just go to a computer store and the company pays someone to replace a drive and rebuild the array.

Attached: craptop🤣.jpg (1200x859, 60.92K)

Just make a second partition.

never had a drive fail on me 🤔

>worthless compared to cloud
Cloud is just better and it also works in case of being robbed or whatever.

Retards who don't back their shit up deserve to be punished

It is though
I've seen a few laptops ask for RAID options if multiple drives are specified

Attached: Screenshot_20220401-173627_Bromite.jpg (1080x2051, 419.31K)

i've never heard of a drive dying in a laptop before the actual laptop died

Cloud backup infected the corporate culture for a long time, even before normalfags adopted it.

Office laptops use virtualization and for precious data they use a CMS. Ironically office laptops are worthless in terms of actual storage.

Sent from my Sony - XQ-BT52

I hate that wallpaper everytime I login. It looks like a negative space big nose looking left.
How do I change it?

you install gentoo

I too remember being 9 and asking if I could split my hard drive into partitions and then raid them together.

Cloud exists now, and even before that RAID1 was kinda stupid because single drive failure isn't the most common way to lose data, it's file corruption, simply being a retard and deleting it, or just losing the whole device. For that you need remote backups and that point why waste hardware for mirroring.

Because the average users don't care, and there are plenty of backup options available.

>Espically with WFH where people are working out of the office with supplied equipment and RAID 1 could prevent having to send a new laptop out their if instead they could just go to a computer store and the company pays someone to replace a drive and rebuild the array.
If you're working from home and your company doesn't have a device for you with an active warranty for 4HR support or a spare for NBD you're literally working for a trash company.

SSD's and HDD's either tend to fail right away or live a long life, it's a bell curve in reliability/faults.

Even then, in a corp environment folder redirections or end user backups of important shit to a central server or the like should be in place, if it's not then the IT person sucks.

Doesn't starting or participating in RAID threads violate global rule 4 or something?

>it's file corruption
unlikely to happen on zfs (i think)
>simply being a retard and deleting it
not a problem on zfs

thanks zfs

mfw running 8 partitions in raid 0 for that extra speed

By installing gentoo

D C R A I D D C R A I D D C R A I D

Attached: yeah-but.gif (90x90, 128.64K)

The average person will replace a laptop years before the hard drive is on its last legs.

jew idea:
put 2 drives inside a laptop in raid 1 and create a subscription service to double the speed and capacity of the drives by putting them into raid 0, not that normalfags will know what actually is happening. if the subscription is not paid, revert the config into raid 1 and force a backup of the data into the cloud.
use tpm, pluton or some other shit to make sure that the customer does not 'cheats'