Thoughts on M1 Mac mini? refurb store just got a bunch of 16GB RAM ones in...

thoughts on M1 Mac mini? refurb store just got a bunch of 16GB RAM ones in, but I don't want to buy it then have Apple jew me with new ones in June

Attached: m1-mac-mini-vignette.jpg-feature.jpg (400x225, 8.38K)

June? I figured Fall. But M1 is more than enough for most things atm.

how much, dumbass

$929 for 512GB, and 16GB RAM

>mac
into the trash it goes

🤢

>thoughts on M1 Mac mini?

Pretty gay
I'd have one to dick around with if they were cheap enough though

How can they "jew" you by releasing a completely different product you retard consoomer.
If you think the current M1 mac mini is good value for money then buy it.

You can only get "jewed" if you buy something for a price you don't think it's actually worth.

you only deprive yourself. always welcome to come back.

if u wanted small scale server hardware maybe you could find some value in it, its a lot more power efficient than x86, though there might be better choices out there.
also mac is a pretty great ecosystem for media production

>soldered everything
>garbage software
even for free I would not take it

>512GB

Attached: 1440970284260.png (338x355, 218K)

so you're just irrational then. many such cases.

You can install Asahi Linux on it and it actually performs rather well as a server, basically like a Raspberry Pi on meth and steroids.

I'd take one for free. It wouldn't be super useful but it would be pretty fun to mess around with and install Asahi Linux on. Unfortunately that's not worth the asking price.

what's so irrational about wanting reliability, versatility, control and performance over form-factor and status symbol?
there is no upgrade path for these toys, I don't want this near me, just like I won't buy a car if I can't replace parts, myself, this is so dumb I can't wrap my head around this retardation
>I'd take one for free
maybe I would take it and sell it to smoothbrains

Attached: 1392348627574.jpg (460x503, 28.88K)

I'm poor

If it's not made to be fixed, it's made to be broken.
I had to give away the free Gamepass code that came with a controller I bought recently.

>maybe I would take it and sell it to smoothbrains
If it's free I'd take it. I like to tinker and there wouldn't be a drawback.
Shame they didn't put any GPIO on the Mini. I just want an ARM SBC with the CPU and GPU power of an M1 also an M.2 slot and maybe a PCIe 16x slot

too much, the 8/256 is $650 new in some places and this shouldnt be over $800 refurb.

what's funny is macs will soon be the most efficient, high-performance and secure ARM consumer machines available to run linux on due to asahi's efforts.

the M1 mac minis are a good deal. maybe wait if you want to use a slightly beefier mini. i'm guessing that the i7 mac mini (which has yet to be replaced with an apple silicon version) will have an m1 pro chip.

you're also retarded if you buy an apple when you're short on money.
for 900 you could get a new pc with an 5700g, 32gb mem and 6tb or more of storage