Name a better programming language

Name a better programming language
>protip: you can't

Attached: 🐍.png (1280x1280, 86.1K)

/thread

In domains where Python is appropriate? Coffeescript, and ES6.

Objective C

im only learning it so i can comprehend gdscript better but most game dev seems to be done with c++ so i hope im not wasting my time like a retard faggot that fell for a meme

Fortran.

Lisp.

better for what use case?

>better for what use case?

Attached: soy2.jpg (680x477, 47.98K)

Haskell

C# lol

Attached: CpL.jpg (1024x1089, 77.73K)

Test

C
:goldface:

Scheme

Don't be a retard, go learn C#. Unity people are shills but 2D gamedev is the best way to learn. Unreal doesn't have real 2D but you can learn it later to build epic stuff in 3D.

>t. imperesharter
>t. lambdachads

Attached: Greek_letter_lambda.svg.png (1280x960, 28.45K)

Nim

>sibling module's can't import if one is an entry point

Admitted, nothing chaddier than Common Lisp.

i was planning on making a series of 2d games using retro formulas then making a 3d game all with godot and gdscript, should i really just ditch gdscript and learn c#? also ive heard bad stuff about c++ but why do people shill c# over it when seemingly the majority of games are coded in it?

You're not wasting your time because having a handle on a simple scripting language will pay off someday. Its not too hard to learn, and okay at everything. Someday you'll want to scape a website or write a bot or backup files every friday.

gdscript seems like its mostly about just about knowing all those classes and methods and how to use them, one of the problems with a nice game engine you shifted the problem from having to implement things to memorizing the interfaces the engine provides you. Top down vs bottom up.

The people making games in C++ are figuring out how to calculate the brightness of X,Y on a texture, or know when two things have collided. You get to skip all that and just make a game. Unless you get an erection at the prospects of having to dig out your old freshman physics textbooks and write algorithms is the smart choice.

That might sound cool at first, but I keep saying I'm going to make a game, get bored memorizing the methods on class X in godot, then fuck off to spend a week writing a program to draw polygons in which time I could've shit out a prototype if I just sucked it up. Game design isn't programming.

:longcata:
:longcatb:

>NOOOOO NOT THE PROGRAM STATES I NEED MUH ABSTRACTIONS